Lockdown Browser – Pilot

If you have opened your Canvas since 3:00 p.m. on September 3, you likely noticed the new link “Lockdown Browser.” Educational Technology and the Adams Center are conducting a pilot of Lockdown Browser as a secure testing environment. By opening the integration between Lockdown Browser’s LTI and Canvas, the link was automatically populated to all existing courses. The link appears in all courses, but is only operable for pilot professors.

The link does not appear to students. If you would like to hide it from your view as well you can follow these instructions.

This entry was posted in Adams Blog by David Christianson. Bookmark the permalink.

About David Christianson

My name is David Christianson. I've long felt that teaching was my calling, and have spent my career teaching both children and adults. Many of the most important lessons for teaching adults, I learned from teaching children (thankfully behavior management is much less of a concern with adults!). I have a B.S. in Communication from Oklahoma Christian University, an M.A. in Communication from ACU, and an M.Ed. in Education, also from ACU. My work with teaching children soon grew into training adults to do the same. As I did this for the Region 14 Education Service Center, I utilized online training, face-to-face training, and distance learning (video chat) to spread the message far and wide. I value technology as a great tool to enhance learning and to address the core of how we learn. I can help with online learning, I have lots of great tricks to use in the physical classroom as well! I feel absolutely blessed to now serve as an Instructional Designer for the Adams Center. If I have learned one thing in my educational service, it is that I love helping others to learn!