Introducing (soon to be) Dr. Adam McGee

by   |  06.18.18  |  Uncategorized

The A&E department is very happy to announce that Adam McGee is joining our family after he defends his dissertation in July.  Below is a little introduction from him.

I grew up on a small farm in southwest Missouri raising hay, beef, sheep, and chickens. My parents were both high school teachers, and as such instilled a passion for agriculture, teaching, and Christ. I attended Northeastern Oklahoma A & M before heading to Kansas State University to finish my degree in Agriculture Education. After teaching high school agriculture in southern Kansas for a couple of years, I decided to go back to school to continue my education. I received my Master’s in Animal Science with a focus on ruminant nutrition from the University of Nebraska, where my thesis work predominantly focused on grazing corn residue. After I finished my Master’s, I had the opportunity to manage a beef cow/calf research range while working on my PhD at Oklahoma State University. While working at the range, I learned about managing cattle on native range, incorporating economically and environmentally sustainable principles through the entire process. After finishing my PhD in August, I am excited to get back into the classroom to share my love for animal science. My wife, Lida, and I are blessed to continue our journey at Abilene Christian!