Thermo Fisher Scientific is offering our future science scholars an opportunity to win $10,000 in scholarship funding for the Fall 2015 semester. This scholarship was created to help provide educational opportunities for the future generation of scientists. Graduate students or undergraduate students must be enrolled in an accredited college for the Fall 2015 semester to qualify for this scholarship. A pre-selected committee will award two $10,000 scholarships and four $5,000 scholarships among the candidates.
Scholarship Award Criteria:
- – Candidate must be enrolled as a graduate or undergraduate student at an accredited college or university for
the Fall 2015 semester
- – Candidate must have a declared major of Biology, Chemistry, Biochemistry or a related life science field
- – Graduate students must have received a cumulative undergraduate GPA of > 3.0 on a 4.0 scale
- – Graduate students should be maintaining a GPA of > 3.0 on a 4.0 scale during Graduate School
- – Sophomores and Juniors must have a cumulative college GPA of > 3.0 on a 4.0 scale
- – Freshman must have a cumulative high school GPA of > 3.0 on a 4.0 scale
- – Candidates must complete an application [if selected, an official transcript will be required]
- – Although not required for an application, references can be submitted to:
Thermo Fisher Scientific
Attn: Scholarship Reference
3747 N. Meridian Rd
Rockford, IL 61101
or via email to PierceScholarship@thermofisher.com.
- – Deadline for applicants is 11:59:59 p.m. Central Time (CT) on July 27, 2015
Incomplete applications will not be considered. Please submit all materials in the checklist before July 27, 2015 (all information should be submitted at once). Award recipients will be notified no later than August 17, 2015. Please see official Terms & Conditions for additional information.
* Note this scholarship is only available to United States citizens or students possessing appropriate Visa status in order to study in the U.S.