Each year the NFB of Texas offers scholarships to the best and brightest blind students in the state. The scholarships are awarded during our annual convention. This year the convention will be held in Austin from November 13-15. In order to be eligible for a scholarship from the NFB of Texas applicants must: be legally blind, residents of Texas, and pursuing or planning to pursue a full-time post-secondary course of study in the fall of 2015.The following scholarships will be awarded. Follow link for application
NATIONAL FEDERATION OF THE BLIND OF TEXAS MERIT SCHOLARSHIP – 1 scholarship in the amount of $3,000.00. This scholarship is provided through the generosity of the hard-working members of the NationalFederation of the Blind of Texas. No restrictions apply.
HOUSTON LADY LIONS SCHOLARSHIP – 2 scholarships in the amount of $2,000.00 each. These scholarships were donated by the Lady Lions, in Houston. A preference will be given to winners who are women and/or who live in the Houston area.
NFB OF TEXAS HOUSTON CHAPTER SCHOLARSHIP – 1 scholarship in the amount of $1,000.00. This scholarship has been sponsored by our Houston chapter since 1986. No restrictions apply.
CRITERIA – Scholarships are awarded on the basis of merit, financial need, and community service. The National Federation of the Blind of Texas is dedicated to providing opportunities to all blind people. Therefore, membership in the organization is not a requirement.
Thermo Fisher Scientific is offering our future science scholars an opportunity to win $10,000 in scholarship funding for the Fall 2015 semester. This scholarship was created to help provide educational opportunities for the future generation of scientists. Graduate students or undergraduate students must be enrolled in an accredited college for the Fall 2015 semester to qualify for this scholarship. A pre-selected committee will award two $10,000 scholarships and four $5,000 scholarships among the candidates.
Scholarship Award Criteria:
- – Candidate must be enrolled as a graduate or undergraduate student at an accredited college or university for
the Fall 2015 semester
- – Candidate must have a declared major of Biology, Chemistry, Biochemistry or a related life science field
- – Graduate students must have received a cumulative undergraduate GPA of > 3.0 on a 4.0 scale
- – Graduate students should be maintaining a GPA of > 3.0 on a 4.0 scale during Graduate School
- – Sophomores and Juniors must have a cumulative college GPA of > 3.0 on a 4.0 scale
- – Freshman must have a cumulative high school GPA of > 3.0 on a 4.0 scale
- – Candidates must complete an application [if selected, an official transcript will be required]
- – Although not required for an application, references can be submitted to:
Thermo Fisher Scientific
Attn: Scholarship Reference
3747 N. Meridian Rd
Rockford, IL 61101
or via email to PierceScholarship@thermofisher.com.
- – Deadline for applicants is 11:59:59 p.m. Central Time (CT) on July 27, 2015
Incomplete applications will not be considered. Please submit all materials in the checklist before July 27, 2015 (all information should be submitted at once). Award recipients will be notified no later than August 17, 2015. Please see official Terms & Conditions for additional information.
* Note this scholarship is only available to United States citizens or students possessing appropriate Visa status in order to study in the U.S.
|The 2015 – 2016 TADC Urban Scholarship Fund Application will be available on March 1, 2015.
|DOCUMENTS TO INCLUDE WITH APPLICATION: Copies are acceptable
- 2015-2016 SAR (Student Aid Report) and
- High School Transcript/Diplomaor other proof of high school city or
- College Transcript(with High School Listed)
- GED Certification (list location and city on application)
- I-551 (Permanent Resident) Copy of front and back
|The Urban Scholarship Fund is for graduating high school seniors, new and/or returning college students attending any accredited nonprofit public or independent two or four-year college/university or technical school. ANNUAL awards are $700 for community college, junior college and technical college; $1,000 for public four-year college/university; and $2,000 for independent (private) four-year college/university. Funds are disbursed half each semester.ELIGIBILITY:United States Citizen or permanent resident
Demonstrate financial need (EFC not exceeding 00050 – NO EXCEPTIONS)
Undergraduate full-time student in good academic standing at the end of the 2014/2015 academic year.
Graduate of a high school in one of the following 29 cities (NO EXCEPTIONS):Abilene, Amarillo, Arlington, Austin, Beaumont, Brownsville, Carrollton, Corpus Christi, Dallas, Denton, El Paso, Fort Worth, Frisco, Garland, Grand Prairie, Houston, Irving, Killeen, Laredo, Lubbock, McAllen, McKinney, Mesquite, Midland, Pasadena, Plano, San Antonio,Waco and Wichita Falls.
NOTIFICATION PROCESS: All communication is transmitted electronically. PLEASE PROVIDE A VALID EMAIL ADDRESS.
- Ineligible applicants are notified immediately once their application has been processed.
- Eligible applicants will be notified after the application deadline, please insure that you have a valid e-mail address.
Contact Tina for help applying for this scholarship!
The link for this scholarship is: http://www.txadc.org/Scholarships.php