Important! The classroom can only seat 50. We have 20 seats available. Sign up to secure your spot!
GRADUATE SCHOOL WORKSHOP (By Don Asher)
Signup for the 2014 Alpha, Honors, and McNair scholars Graduate School Workshop by clicking on this link –
DATES & TIMES
September 13 — 9:00am-4:30pm (Breaks + 1hr Lunch on your own)
September 14 — 1:00pm-4:30pm
Library’s CORE classroom (little extension of Library’s South entrance)
ABOUT THE PRESENTER
Mr. Donald Asher is the foremost authority in the United States on the graduate school admission process. He has authored at least twelve books, including Graduate Admissions Essays, the best-selling guide in the U.S. to the graduate admissions process, The Best Scholarships for the Best Students, Cool Colleges for the Hyper-Intelligent, Self-Directed, Late Blooming and Just Plain Different, and The Best Scholarships for the Best Students.He has been a contributing writer to MSN homepage, MSN Encarta, the Wall Street Journal’s CareerJournal.com and CollegeJournal.com, jobstar.org, college.monster.com, monster.com, careerbuilder.com, wetfeet.com, the Los Angeles Times’s career development web site, USAirways magazine, the San Francisco Chronicle, the San Francisco Examiner, and Dow Jones, Inc.’s National Business Employment Weekly and Managing Your Career magazines. Don is an invited speaker annually to over 100 nationally ranked U.S. Universities.
The Law School Admission Council (who administers the LSAT) has entered into a consent decree to settle a class action lawsuit for students who were denied accommodations on the LSAT between 2009 and 2014. If you applied for accommodations and were denied (on the LSAT only), you may be eligible to join the class-action law suit and receive a settlement. You can find information at the United States Attorney’s Office website…
or contact me at email@example.com and let me help you join the suit.
We just posted an update to the Media page here at acu.edu/alpha – One is an introduction to Evernote, and the other is helpful tips for using Evernote to take lecture notes. Evernote is a really useful tool for students, and it’s the right price – it’s FREE! These videos presents some of the problems that Evernote can solve, and guides the student in using the tool to capture good notes, record the lecturer, and prepare for exams. Please schedule a tutoring session if we can help you think more specifically on how to use Evernote as part of your academic tool box!
Are you planning to take the GRE? The Alpha and McNair GRE Workshops are a great way to get ready to excel!
The dates for the GRE Workshops are:
9am-12pm and 1-4pm
Administration Building Room 327
1. These sessions will provide you with suggested testing strategies for the GRE
2. An environment to practice for the exam
3. An opportunity to interact with scholars preparing for the GRE
4. Save you a dime and time, more-or-less
If you have any questions, please contact our main office at 325-674-2667 or email your questions to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Here are some scholarships that are available to U.S. residents – the deadlines run between April 1-May 31. Please see Tina if you’d like help in applying!
Peter Pasula Study Habits Scholarship – $500
- 1 Award
- Deadline: April 1, 2014
Your Favorite Car Scholarship – $500
- 1 Award
- Deadline: April 30, 2014
MCO Scholarship – $500
Find a Law Scholarship – $500
- 1 Award
- Deadline: May 15, 2014
Maple Leaf Dentistry Scholarship – $500
- Must have contributed at least 100 hours of volunteer work over the last 2 calendar years.
- Must have 3.0 GPA or higher
- Deadline: May 30, 2014
LM Scholarship Program – $500
- Must have 3.0 GPA or higher
- Deadline: May 31, 2014
Here is a scholarship opportunity for students in agriculture sciences. The deadline is May 31, 2014, and is for students who are junior or senior ag majors. See the attached pdf for more information, as well as the application. If you’d like help in submitting the application, see Tina Fleet!
It looks like all of the code is working on our new iPad site. Open the blog on your iPad for a really clean look. You can also switch to the web-version if you scroll to the bottom and toggle the “iPad” button.
Welcome to the updated Alpha web-space. We hope that you will find it very valuable! Here are a couple of things to be looking for…
- On all the pages (except the Apply page), there are links on the side-bar. Those students who have been approved for exam accommodations can sign up by clicking that button.
- On the Staff page, you can schedule a meeting with any of the professional staff. We may be expanding that section to include tutors as well in the near future, so keep your eyes on that!
- The Student page is really your go-to spot. We intend to keep it relevant to all of your Alpha needs.
- The Media page is going to have a lot of screencasts coming your way. We think it will be a great way to provide you with tips and tools.
- We’re also going to be tweeting out updates as often as we make them – follow us at @AlphaScholars!