Oxford and Italy: May 9th – June 24th
Mike Wiggins, Associate professor and Chair of the Art & Design department, is an ACU graduate and earned his MFA from Massachusetts College of Art in Design. He and his wife Lisa have served in three semester long study abroad sessions as well as several summer programs. Mike worked as a graphic designer for many years prior to becoming a full-time professor. He and his family love to travel almost anywhere.
Brandon Young, Assistant professor of Art & Design, is an ACU graduate who earned his M.Arch from the University of Texas at Austin. He teaches courses in architecture, interior design and graphic design. As a graduate student, he traveled extensively throughout Italy studying art, architecture and landscapes, which was an incredibly formative experience. Young is a practicing architect, guitar player, urban chicken farmer, and beekeeper.
ART 222: Art History: General Survey II
ART 341: Painting I (or ART 440 – Special Topics)*
ART 440: Special Topics: Street Photography
- If you have already completed ART 341 – Painting 1 you will be enrolled in ART 440 – Special Topics: Painting.
- Students are required to take three of the above courses for a total of 9 credit hours.
- All courses may be subject to change.
Tuition and fees are the same in Oxford as they are in Abilene (may be included in 2015-16 block). The additional program fee of $7,300 includes:
- Transportation between Dallas (DFW) and Oxford, Oxford and Italy, and Italy to DFW.
- Housing in Oxford, Florence, and on group excursions.
- Program-related field trips and enrichment activities.
- Basic medical and travelers’ insurance.
Just as on the Abilene campus, student aid may be available. Talk to your financial aid advisor as soon as possible. Call the Depot at 325-674-2300.
- Great location in fashionable North Oxford.
- Student housing in two renovated Victorian houses includes dorm rooms, bathrooms, kitchens, classroom space, and wireless Internet.
- Includes visits to the British Museum, Tate Modern, The Uffizi Gallery, and the Vatican Museums.
- Planned class related excursions around the UK and Italy.
- Six nights excursion to Rome.
- Three weeks residency in Florence.
- Additional option for personal travel at the conclusion of the program.
Acceptance to the ACU in Oxford program is based on a variety of factors including:
- Completed application packet with satisfactory reference forms.
- Availability of space.
- $250 non-refundable application fee.
- Completion of at least two semesters on campus.
- Academic record and interests, a minimum cumulative GPA of 2.5 as of date of application and up to date of departure.
- Students must be in good standing with ACU (no probation of any kind) as of date of application and up to date of departure.
Note: Consideration also will be given to a student’s suitability for participation in a study abroad program.
All information on this flyer is subject to change without notice. Please contact the ACU Study Abroad office in the Center for International Education for the most up-to-date information.