Oxford and Italy: May 14th – June 30th
How to Apply
The easiest way to begin the application process is visit the Study Abroad office. They manage the application process, major travel coordination and financial management of the trip.
Study Abroad Office:
- Hardin Administration Building
- Room 124
- Telephone: 325-674-2710
- Fax: 325-674-2966
- Email: email@example.com
- Information on How to Apply
- General Study Abroad FAQ (Including Passport Information)
Mike Wiggins, Associate professor and Chair of the Art & Design department, is an ACU graduate and earned his MFA from Massachusetts College of Art in Design. He and his wife Lisa have served in three semester long study abroad sessions as well as several summer programs. Mike worked as a graphic designer for many years prior to becoming a full-time professor. He and his family love to travel almost anywhere.
Ryan Feerer, Assistant professor of Art & Design, is an ACU graduate and earned his MFA from the School of Visual Arts in Design. He continues his design practice on the side and has worked for small start-ups to international campaigns. Ryan, his wife and three kids are very excited about spending a summer abroad teaching, learning and making life-long memories with the students attending.
ART 222: Art History: General Survey II
ART 341: Painting I (or ART 440 – Special Topics)*
ART 440: Special Topics: Street Photography
- If you have already completed ART 341 – Painting 1 you will be enrolled in ART 440 – Special Topics: Painting.
- Students are required to take three of the above courses for a total of 9 credit hours.
- All courses may be subject to change.
- Tuition and fees are the same abroad as they are in Abilene. The program fee covers such items as:
- Round-trip airfare and transportation between DFW, Oxford, and Italy
- All accommodation charges in the UK and in Italy (except for free travel breaks).
- All program-related excursions and activities, including all transport, entry fees, etc.
- Some group meals (more specific details to follow on this)
- Basic travelers medical insurance
Just as on the Abilene campus, student aid may be available. Talk to your financial aid advisor as soon as possible. Call the Depot at 325-674-2300.
- Great location in fashionable North Oxford.
- Student housing in two renovated Victorian houses includes dorm rooms, bathrooms, kitchens, classroom space, and wireless Internet.
- Includes visits to the British Museum, Tate Modern, The Uffizi Gallery, and the Vatican Museums.
- Planned class related excursions around the UK and Italy.
- Six nights excursion to Rome.
- Three weeks residency in Florence.
- Additional option for personal travel at the conclusion of the program.
Acceptance to the ACU in Oxford program is based on a variety of factors including:
- Completed application packet with satisfactory reference forms.
- Availability of space.
- $250 non-refundable application fee.
- Completion of at least two semesters on campus.
- Academic record and interests, a minimum cumulative GPA of 2.5 as of date of application and up to date of departure.
- Students must be in good standing with ACU (no probation of any kind) as of date of application and up to date of departure.
Note: Consideration also will be given to a student’s suitability for participation in a study abroad program.
All information on this flyer is subject to change without notice. Please contact the ACU Study Abroad office in the Center for International Education for the most up-to-date information.