Oxford and Italy: May 11th – June 29th
- Current Draft of Itinerary & Important Links
- Official 2018 Flyer (to be updated) from the Study Abroad Office
- Interest Form
How to Apply
The easiest way to begin the application process is visit the Study Abroad office. They manage the application process, major travel coordination and financial management of the trip.
Study Abroad Office:
- Hardin Administration Building
- Room 124
- Telephone: 325-674-2710
- Fax: 325-674-2966
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Information on How to Apply
- General Study Abroad FAQ (Including Passport Information)
Ryan Feerer, Associate Professor of Art & Design and Graphic Design Program Director. Ryan is also an ACU graduate and earned his MFA in Design from School of Visual Arts in NYC. He continues his design practice on the side and has worked for small start-ups to international campaigns. Ryan, his wife and three kids are very excited about spending a summer abroad teaching, learning and making lifelong memories with the students attending.
Nil Santana, Originally from Brazil, Dr. Nil Santana is an Associate Professor in the Department of Art and Design. Nil has led a couple of Art & Design summer programs as well as a semester-long program to Montevideo, Uruguay. A world traveler, Nil enjoys learning about people and local costumes, and embraces diverse culinary experiences as cultural expressions. Nil, and his wife Tecia, are honored to be part of this program
ART 222: Art History: General Survey II
ART 341: Painting I (or ART 440 – Special Topics)*
ART 440: Special Topics: Street Photography
- If you have already completed ART 341 – Painting 1 you will be enrolled in ART 440 – Special Topics: Painting.
- Students are required to take three of the above courses for a total of 9 credit hours.
- All courses may be subject to change.
- Great location in fashionable North Oxford.
- Student housing in two renovated Victorian houses includes dorm rooms, bathrooms, kitchens, classroom space, and wireless Internet.
- Includes visits to the British Museum, Tate Modern, The Uffizi Gallery, and the Vatican Museums.
- Planned class related excursions around the UK and Italy.
- Six nights excursion to Rome.
- Includes visits to the Vatican and Museum, Borghese Museum, Quattro Fontane, Pantheon, Fountain of Four Rivers and Caravaggio.
- Three weeks residency in Florence.
- Includes visits to the Duomo, San Gimignano, San Marco, Bargello, Siena, Uffizi, Boboli Gardens, and the Accademia.
- Additional option for personal travel at the conclusion of the program.
Acceptance to the ACU in Oxford program is based on a variety of factors including:
- Completed application packet with satisfactory reference forms.
- Availability of space.
- $250 non-refundable application fee.
- Completion of at least two semesters on campus.
- Academic record and interests, a minimum cumulative GPA of 2.5 as of date of application and up to date of departure.
- Students must be in good standing with ACU (no probation of any kind) as of date of application and up to date of departure.
Note: Consideration also will be given to a student’s suitability for participation in a study abroad program.
All information on this flyer is subject to change without notice. Please contact the ACU Study Abroad office in the Center for International Education for the most up-to-date information.