We know many faculty have been waiting patiently to begin preparations for the fall. If you’re planning to add a class blog this semester, the following steps should help get you started.
- For group or professional blogs, request an ACU Blog online.
- Once your blog is created, you may want to update a couple settings to begin, but you can always change these settings later:
- Change the blog name (in Settings->General)
- Add your name to the header (in Theme Options)
- Add a blog description/intro text (in Theme Options)
- Choose between the Standard or Minimal Theme (in Theme Options)
- Add a custom header or image (in Appearance->Custom Header)
- Customize your sidebar (in Appearance->Widgets)
- Before getting too far, find a recent photo and add your own avatar. If you’ve taken a campus portrait, you may find a copy here. Once you have a photo handy, follow the instructions on Adding an Avatar on ACU Blogs.
- Walk through the other support pages in the Getting Started section to help you find your way around the WordPress Dashboard and you’ll be ready to begin posting.