What is your educational background?

B.S  from Harding University (’83)

D.C. from Parker University (’06)

Cheryl Steffins Final

What is your work background?

I spent a good portion of the 80’s working with my husband, Jon, in both Caracas and Valencia, Venezuela, planting and growing churches.

From 1990 till 2003, I taught school at the elementary level and raised 4 children.

From 2007 til 2015, I practiced as a chiropractic physician in Tulsa, OK.

What do you do at ACU/COBA?

I work with the professors and leadership of COBA to plan, organize and manage the travel programs of COBA, Leadership Summit and Study Abroad.

The Steffins Family

The Steffins Family

What drew you to work at ACU? Why did you want to work with students?

Three of my four children have, or are, attending ACU and have been blessed tremendously.  I wanted to be a part of that blessing for other students.

What’s the best part of working with students?

I love new beginnings and that’s where students are…. on the threshold of a new beginning, a fresh start to the next chapter of their lives.  Having an opportunity to plant seeds for a positive, healthy mindset in a student is fulfilling for me.  My “office” is in the waiting area of COBA Connections and that allows me lots of chances to visit with students as they wait to see their academic advisors.  I truly enjoy asking questions and listening to their perspectives.

Outside of ACU, what passions and hobbies do you have?

My newest passions are my four grandbabies!

grandmama steffins

Do you do any charity or non-profit work?

Our family has supported a child in the Dominican Republic for the last 8 years though Compassion International.

Who is your role model and why?

My role models are 3 entrepreneurial women that I’ve met through business connections over the last 5 years.  They are strong, confident leaders who are willing to give their time to mentor me.

Who was your most inspirational professor and why?

Neil Pryor was most inspirational to me not only because of the way he taught Bible but also because of how he valued people.

Cheryl and Jon Steffins

Cheryl and Jon Steffins

If you could have a superpower, what would it be and why?

It would be the power to discern clearly whether someone is speaking truth or falsehood.

What is something that students might be surprised to find out about you?

Some are surprised when they learn that I speak Spanish.