Here are the highlights for October 2015 as well as our ongoing work:
- 82 development issues and 131 end-user support requests were resolved.
- We recorded an overall application uptime of 99.97%.
- Fast fact – Google Chrome, Safari and Firefox account for 91% of traffic in myACU thus far in the Fall 2015 term. Chrome is the most popular browser with 44% of user sessions followed by Safari with 36% and Firefox with 11%.
- Did you know? ACU has an agreement with Microsoft to provide Office 365 to our students and employees for free. You can find more details about this on the Team55 website.
- New Systems Analyst – We are excited to have a new Systems Analyst, Brennan Turner, on board as of October 26th. Brennan is currently training to support the services we manage and is already involved in work to support Banner and the Ellucian XE project.
- Ellucian XE – We are working with multiple functional areas on campus to test prerequisite Banner updates in preparation for the next major release of Banner. The Ellucian Extensible Ecosystem (or simply, “XE”) will provide a web-friendly interface that Ellucian intends to be mobile, simple and flexible. Those who use Internet Native Banner (aka INB, Big Banner and Banner Forms) will be pleased to know that this part of Banner will be completely web-based with no dependency on Java. We have targeted a rollout of our first XE applications by the end of the year. The complete XE project will take the next 18 to 24 months to complete.
See October 2015 -Resolved Issues for a more in-depth summary.