Here are the highlights for May 2015 as well as our ongoing work:
- 63 development issues and 129 end-user support requests were resolved.
- We recorded an overall application uptime of 99.99%.
- Fast fact – Computing Services staff were distributed among three cross-IT department teams for an innovation challenge. Teams were tasked with identifying an innovative idea that could benefit the university. Each team presented their idea to members of the Senior Leadership Team (SLT) in May and the winning team was announced at the beginning of June. Congratulations to the winning team that presented an idea that will improve our ability to capture class attendance data as well as other activities that occur across campus. The ideas of all three teams were well-received and are being discussed further for possible implementation.
- ACU Dallas CRM – Salesforce has been selected as the customer relationship management (CRM) system to support recruiting and admissions. Today we kick off a project with Apex IT, our implementation partner. This will be a multi-month project to build and configure the required functionality as well as integrate with Banner.
- Talisma CRM update – We worked with our vendor, Campus Management, as well as Enrollment Management to complete a major update of our CRM for recruiting and admissions at the end of May. There were some post-update issues to resolve, but the process went relatively smoothly.
- Summer maintenance – Multiple projects are currently underway to update applications, including Banner, Degree Works and Uniprint. Additionally, we are working with Enterprise Infrastructure to move multiple applications to new server hardware.
- Net revenue project – Computing Services, in conjunction with Finance, Financial Aid, and Admissions, is working on a project to gather, analyze, and project data related to revenue as it comes from tuition. This will help decision makers analyze net revenue and discount amounts/rates for future growth.
See May 2015 – Resolved Issues for a more in-depth summary.