Here are highlights for August 2016 as well as our ongoing work:
- August was a busy month for our group – 96 development issues (the most in a single month this year) and 227 end-user support requests (the most in a single month since August 2014) were resolved.
- We recorded an average application uptime of 99.98%.
- Did you know? Google released a new email interface for Google Apps called Inbox for Gmail. Inbox intelligently categorizes your email, allows you to hide messages until later and highlights the most important information from your inbox. Inbox is available on the web as well as on iOS and Android devices.
- Personnel changes – One of our longtime programmers is pursuing other career interests and is leaving us this week. We are currently reviewing applicants for this position and hope to hire someone soon.
- Banner updates – We will install multiple pre-requisite Banner updates the next two weeks that are necessary for upcoming Ellucian Extensible Ecosystem (Ellucian XE) projects. We will install XE Registration at the end of this month, which will modernize and improve the class registration process for students.
- ACU Dallas campus projects – We are working with our colleagues at the Dallas campus to plan and implement projects that affect many aspects of their operation. Most of these project center around data integration and automation.
See August 2016 – Resolved Issues for more details.