Here are the highlights for April 2016 as well as our ongoing work:
- 68 development issues and 126 end-user support requests were resolved.
- We recorded an overall application uptime of 99.95%.
- Did you know? Since May 2012, Ellucian Customer Success has provided remote administration of our Oracle databases as well as the installation, configuration and administration of Banner and related services. This partnership gives us access to Oracle and Banner expertise that we do not have in-house and has helped us more effectively manage a core part of the university’s software portfolio.
- Banner Workflow – As mentioned last month, we are in the midst of a revitalization effort with the goal of reducing manual processes that are better served with automation. The first phase is focused on training and improvements to the existing workflow processes. In phase two, we will work with staff from the Registrar’s Office to create new workflow processes to automate manual, paper-based processes.
- Summer upgrades and improvements – We have a full slate of upgrades and improvements scheduled over the next few months, which include major updates to the Banner infrastructure, a Talisma CRM upgrade, a myACU upgrade and an update to the CBORD CS Gold campus ID card system. We anticipate having most of this work completed by the end of July.
- Project planning – We met with senior leaders in April to confirm prioritization of key projects and share our project delivery plans through mid-2017. Senior leaders identified some key weighting criteria that laid the groundwork for an improved prioritization process.
See April 2016 – Resolved Issues for a more in-depth summary.