Here are some of the highlights for December 2014 as well as ongoing work:
- 47 development issues and 79 end-user support requests were resolved.
- We recorded an overall application uptime of 99.97%.
- Fast fact - For over five years we have provided faculty with a class attendance tool. During the Fall 2014 term, 549 classes had at least one attendance event recorded that involved a total of 3,790 students. 224 classes had 20 or more attendance events recorded for the term, which involved 3,171 students. We are working to develop a job that will automatically notify the SOAR program staff whenever a student has been absent for more than 1/3 of class meetings. This will allow the staff to proactively help students get back on track before it is too late. We are hopeful that this will have a positive impact on our ability to retain students since class attendance is a major indicator of student success.
- Canvas LMS – Dr. Robert Rhodes, Provost, announced that Canvas will be our enterprise learning management system (LMS). Canvas is accessible through single sign-on and planning for data integration has begun. We have been working closely with a team of folks from the Adams Center and Educational Technology to prepare for a Spring 2015 pilot.
- myACU theme update – We deployed a minor update to the look and feel of myACU this week, which improved the header navigation on both desktop and mobile clients. In the coming weeks we will deploy a new directory search application, which uses the new myACU look and is compatible with mobile web browsers. We will continue to work on refreshing applications that still use the old myACU look and feel.
- Blogs update – Earlier this week we deployed a major WordPress update that keeps blogs.acu.edu up-to-date and addresses some known security issues.
- Employee benefits enrollment site – We are working with folks from HR and Payroll to implement the data integration with Banner for 2015 benefits to go into effect for the first pay periods in 2015.
- Banner hardware update – We are moving the Banner application tier to a new server. Users from the functional areas are helping us test so that we have a smooth transition.
- Business Intelligence – Progress continues to be made on our projects with Data Cookbook, writing reports with Cognos, and expanding the operational data store (ODS) to include data that is not delivered by Ellucian (Banner) as well as custom ACU data.
See December 2014 – Resolved Issues for a more in-depth summary.