Here are some of the highlights for August 2014 as well as ongoing work:
- 90 development issues and 237 end-user support tickets were resolved during the month.
- We recorded an overall application uptime of 99.73% for the month of August, which was impacted by the campus power outage that took place on August 8th.
- Fast fact for the month: Computing Services maintains a service portfolio of over 120 applications, backend services and data integrations. Our highly-skilled team creates, installs, maintains and supports what spans across many technologies, hosting configurations, clients, programming languages and vendors.
- Start of school - We are in full start-of-school mode. This includes providing card access for campus doors and helping teachers with the set up of course tools. We will continue to dedicate a lot of time to these issues through early September.
- BI planning and training – We met with key data experts from across campus last month to discuss plans for the creation of a comprehensive, cohesive set of data that can be used for reporting and analytics. Cognos BI has been adopted as our enterprise reporting tool to support this effort. We will train key report writers later this month.
- myACU update - The new myACU theme was deployed on August 5th as mentioned in the previous update. There were a few residual issues and updates to handle following the go-live. This update improved the experience of our mobile and tablet users, which accounted for almost 35% of all user sessions during the first week of classes.
- Single sign-on security update - In the midst of start-of-school preparations, we applied an update to the single sign-on client component of many of our applications to address a known vulnerability.
- Business Intelligence updates - We are working through upgrades to multiple BI tools, including Tableau, Cognos BI, and Cognos TM1. The updates insure we remain up-to-date as we prepare to push out wider adoption of Cognos BI in particular.
- Activity Insight - We continue to work with the Office of the Provost to provide data integration between Banner and Activity Insight. We are working to push additional historical data into the system before pilot testing begins later this month.
See August 2014 – Resolved Issues for a more in-depth summary.