Here are the highlights for July 2016 as well as our ongoing work:
- 49 development issues and 132 end-user support requests were resolved.
- We recorded an overall application uptime of 99.97%.
- Did you know? Computing Services personnel have a combined 120 years of service in the information technology industry and a collective 71 years of service to ACU. Our highly-skilled team creates, installs, maintains and supports a service portfolio that includes many technologies, hosting configurations, clients, programming languages and vendors.
- Banner updates – We are working with campus colleagues to install and test a set of updates for Banner that are necessary for upcoming Ellucian Extensible Ecosystem (Ellucian XE) upgrades. Our current project is focused on the XE Registration upgrade, which will modernize and improve the class registration process for students.
- Travel and expense management – Work is well under way to implement data integration for a new travel and expense management application that will go live later this fall. We are collaborating with folks from Finance and Operations as well as our vendor to implement the necessary integration with Banner.
- Summer maintenance and start of Fall 2016 – We wrapped up updates to the Banner infrastructure, the CBORD CS Gold campus ID card system, and Xythos (myACU Files) last month. We are working on final updates to myACU and blogs this week before entering a change moratorium from Monday, August 15th, until Tuesday, September 6th. The next three weeks will be busy as we wrap up summer projects and support faculty, staff and students at the start of the term.
See July 2016 – Resolved Issues for more details.