March 2017 by the numbers:
- 165 end-user support requests resolved
- 96 development and administration issues resolved
- 114 development and administration issues created
- 10 projects in-progress
- 3 project completed
- 3 projects requested
- 99.95% average uptime
- 162 people attended Banner 9 information sessions in February and March
Don’t Be Fooled! Protect Yourself and Your Identity
According to the US Department of Justice, more than 17 million Americans were victims of identity theft in 2014. EDUCAUSE research shows that 21 percent of respondents to the annual ECAR student study have had an online account hacked, and 14 percent have had a computer, tablet, or smartphone stolen. Online fraud is an ongoing risk. Here some tips that can help you prevent identity theft.
We are excited to announce that Phase 1 of major improvements to Administrative Banner are coming this week. Banner 9 (formerly Banner XE) will significantly improve your ability to use Banner, with Java no longer required once all project phases are completed. You can view more details in a separate post on the Computing Services blog.
What else is going on?
- Next Banner 9 projects – Much of our work is centered around Banner 9 updates right now. We are working on multiple projects related to the next phases, which include updates to Finance, Human Resources and Student. During the month of April we will identify timelines to address more of our custom forms as well as Self-Service Banner functionality.
- Project, projects, projects – Spring 2017 has been busy with multiple projects in-progress and six project requests submitted over the course of March and February. The next few months will be busy between these requests and our ongoing Banner 9 work.