Here are some of the highlights for June 2014 as well as ongoing work:
- 60 development issues and 141 end-user support tickets were resolved during the month.
- We recorded an overall application uptime of 99.89% for the month of June.
- Banner proxy access - We opened Banner proxy access for all current students on July 1st. The proxy management feature allows students to grant others online access to view certain pieces of information in Self Service Banner. Students can share information regarding their transcript, financial aid awards, grades, and holds. Access is granted by e-mail address, so anyone with a valid e-mail address can be added as a Proxy user. The most common scenario is a student granting a parent or spouse access to personal information.
- myACU improvements - We will perform final user testing this month and then will release the updated look the week of August 4th. This update will improve the look and feel to better match the new design of www.acu.edu, make myACU more mobile friendly, and improve the load time of key pages.
- Single sign-on update - A major update to the open source software we use for single sign-on, Central Authentication Server (CAS), was released in late spring. The update includes a number of bug fixes and enhancements, including enhancements to the password management features we introduced last fall. We are working to implement all of our customizations and plan to release this into production sometime in early August.
- Cognos BI and TM1 – We will work with Financial Operations to test and document the automated budgeting project over the course of the next year in preparation for its use with FY16 budgeting. In addition to this, we are implementing extensive changes to the TM1 Finance and Budget models for the new fiscal year.
- Activity Insight - We continue to work with the Office of the Provost to provide data integration between Banner and Activity Insight. Faculty accounts have been created and single sign-on integration has been enabled. We are now working on additional data integration with Banner, including class information and faculty demographics. This implementation will significantly enhance the ability to collect and report this data for accreditation and other university needs.
- Mobile printing - We worked with our tech support folks to complete the software update and server moves on June 13th. Mobile printing is now available, though we will not publicize it until August so that we have time to work out all the quirks.
See June 2014 – Resolved Issues for a more in-depth summary.