Here are the highlights for June 2016 as well as our ongoing work:
- 74 development issues and 143 end-user support requests were resolved.
- We recorded an overall application uptime of 99.96%.
- Did you know? For many years, we have equipped faculty with a set of course tools that are easily activated and configured through myACU. The current tool set includes Blog, Calendar, Canvas, and Files (Classfolders and Dropboxes). Tools are enabled with a few clicks in myACU and automatically provide access to all faculty, students and teaching assistants associated with a course. Faculty can create the Blog and Canvas tools as a copy of a previous course so that they can start with previously-used content.
- Banner updates – Work is well under way to implement the next generation of the Banner platform with applications like Employee Profile and Student Advising Profile already in production. The Ellucian Extensible Ecosystem, or simply Ellucian XE, will provide a modern web interface that is mobile, simple and flexible. Those who use Internet Native Banner (aka INB, Big Banner and Banner Forms) will be pleased that INB will be completely web-based with no Java requirement. The complete XE project is expected to take the next 18 to 24 months to complete.
- Summer upgrades and improvements – We have multiple summer upgrades scheduled over the next month, including major updates to the Banner infrastructure, myACU and the CBORD CS Gold campus ID card system. Most of this work should be completed by the end of this month.
See June 2016 – Resolved Issues for a more in-depth summary.