Here are the highlights for December 2015 as well as our ongoing work:
- 96 development issues and 107 end-user support requests were resolved.
- We recorded an overall application uptime of 99.85%.
- Fast fact – Our campus ID card system, CS Gold, provides access to 312 locations across campus. Locations include campus dining registers, card readers in Moody Coliseum for chapel, numerous readers for door access, and readers at CitySquare in Dallas. There were a total of 2,196,865 transactions recorded in the CS Gold ledger for 2015, which includes all meal plan activity, card swipes for door access, card purchases in The Campus Store and student changes to meal plans.
- Did you know? The Operations division announced a new mission statement in late-2015: “We have the desire, knowledge, and expertise to help the communities of ACU achieve their goals.” Operations is led by Kevin Roberts, VP of Operations, and includes personnel in Construction and Risk Management, Facilities and Campus Management and Information Technology.
- Motorhelp updates – We applied a number of updates to Motorhelp, IT’s custom-written application for customer service and support. Many of the changes are intended to improve our change management process and associated communication.
- Banner updates – We appreciate the help of folks in multiple campus offices to prepare and complete approximately 35 updates to Banner the weekend before Christmas and earlier this week. The updates addressed needs for year-end reporting, 2016 tax changes and pre-requisites for Ellucian XE applications. We will install additional updates later this month before installing our first Ellucian XE applications.
- Start-of-term preparation – We have been busy preparing for the start of the Spring 2016 term next week. We have been working on updates to other applications such as Blogs, door access changes, meal plan setup, and general support of faculty preparing for their classes.
See December 2015 – Resolved Issues for a more in-depth summary.