What is changing?
The first phase of major improvements to Administrative Banner are coming in early April. Most know “Administrative Banner” by one or more of the following names: Big Banner, Internet Native Banner, INB, Banner-Banner and Oracle Banner. The next generation of the Banner platform, known as Banner 9, will significantly improve your ability to use Banner. Once all phases of the project are completed, Banner will be completely web-based with no Java requirement. The Phase 1 update includes:
- Application Navigator – This new navigation component will help users navigate between Internet Native Banner and the new Banner 9 forms.
- Banner General – Forms that begin with the letter G will move to the new web-based interface with Banner 9.
- Banner Human Resources – Forms that begin with the letters P, N and xxx will move to the new web-based interface with Banner 9.
We plan to upgrade all of the Banner modules to Banner 9 by the end of 2017, which will require significant work in the coming months.
How can I learn more?
Here are some actions you can take to learn more about the upcoming changes:
- Information sessions – If you haven’t already, please attend one of the remaining Banner 9 information sessions that are highlighted in the weekly myACU News emails for employees.
- Frequently asked questions – We have answered the most common Banner 9 questions in a frequently asked questions page that is accessible through the quicklinks in myACU.