Here are the highlights for August 2015 as well as our ongoing work:
- 78 development issues and 200 end-user support requests were resolved.
- We recorded an overall application uptime of 99.86%.
- Fast fact – During the first week of school there were 95,223 user sessions in myACU, which was a 14% increase compared to the first week of school last year. 40% of all sessions were from mobile and tablet devices.
- Did you know? Google Calendar includes a “Find a Time” feature, which can help schedule a meeting at a time that works for everyone. This is a good alternative to third-party tools such as Doodle where you have to poll people for availability.
- Salesforce at ACU Dallas – ACU Dallas will go live with Salesforce as their CRM this week. This completes a project that we have been preparing for since last fall. The project includes functionality to integrate Salesforce with Banner, similar to the existing integration between Talisma CRM and Banner.
- Adobe Creative Cloud – The student pilot of Adobe Creative Cloud is underway with approximately 500 students for the fall before a full release in Spring 2016. Adobe shared that we are one of their first enterprise customers to integrate single sign-on.
- Degree Works upgrade – We completed an upgrade of Degree Works last week, which supports academic advising and degree planning. This update includes a number of new features, including enhancements to the Student Educational Planner (SEP), which can help students and advisors plan an efficient academic journey. This update will allow us to upgrade our Operational Data Store (ODS) later this fall, which will provide new reporting options for Degree Works.
- Start of school – Our group has been busy helping faculty, staff and students gear up for the Fall 2015 term. Our work included typical start-of-school tasks, such as preparing the meal plan system for use, door access for residence halls and classrooms, and support of course tools such as myACU and Canvas.
See August 2015 – Resolved Issues for a more in-depth summary.