As staff time allows, Digital Scholarship Center and Special Collections staff may make digital reproductions of your personal holdings for research and teaching purposes only. Digital Scholarship Center and/or Special Collections staff approval, an item’s condition, copyright law, or any conditions imposed by an owner may affect our ability to generate digital reproductions of your personal holdings. In some cases, the Preservation Officer and/or the Digital Scholarship Center’s Coordinator may assess the item’s condition and risk of damage from digital reproduction, or the potential to damage equipment used to reproduce the item.
If you are a current ACU student or employee, you can be trained to used the digitization equipment in the Digital Scholarship Center to lower the cost of digital reproductions. This pricing is designated at “Self-Service” in the information below. “Drop-off Service” is where Digital Scholarship Center staff will be handling the digital reproduction of your personal holdings.
Anyone seeking digital reproductions of personal holdings must go through a consultation with the Digital Scholarship Center Coordinator or Special Collections staff.
Photocopying and Scans to Paper Copies*:
- Self-Service: $0.15 per page.
- Drop-off Service: $0.25 per page.
Photocopying and Scans to Digital Files**:
- Self-Service: No Charge up to 100 pages. $0.10 per page after.
- Drop-off Service: No Charge up to 20 pages. $0.10 per page after.
Microfilm/fiche Scans to Digital Files**:
- Self-Service: No Charge up to 200 images. $0.10 per image after.
- Drop-off Service: No Charge up to 20 images. $0.25 per image after.
35mm Slide Scans to Digital Files**:
- Self-Service: No Charge up to 500 slides. $0.05 per slide after.
- Drop-off Service: No Charge up to 30 slides. $0.05 per slide after.
Photograph Scans to Digital Files**:
- Self-Service: No Charge up to 20 images. $1.00 per image after.
- Drop-off Service: No Charge up to 3 images. $3.00 per image after.
Sound Recordings to mp3 Files**:
- Self-Service: No Charge up to 4 files. $2.00 per file after.
- Drop-off Service: $10 per file.
Video Recordings to mp4 Files**:
- Self-Service: No Charge up to 4 items (regardless of format). $5.00 per item after.
- Drop-off Service: $10 per item (VHS) or $15 per file (miniDV, HDV, LaserDisc, and Other Video Conversion).
Abilene Christian University, the Digital Scholarship Center, and Special Collections cannot be held responsible for any damage your personal holdings might receive while in our possession.
*There will be an additional fee for postage in the case of overseas orders, large orders, or rush orders.
**Digital files will be shared on our Google Drive account. You will be sent an email with a link directing you to your digital reproduction. You will have two weeks to download your files before it is removed. If you want your digital media on a flash drive, DVD, or CD you will need to provide those resources. Special Collections does not provide these items.