Tales From Abroad: Germany Nov28

Tags

Related Posts

Share This

Tales From Abroad: Germany

My experience abroad was a truly unforgettable experience. I had the enriching opportunity to venture to Hungary, Slovakia, Czech Republic, Italy, and England all in one amazing 7 week experience. While I was in England, I even had the awesome chstude abroad 2ance to spend a couple days with one of my best friends from high school whom I haven’t seen in 3 years.  Although the trip was a total blast, it wasn’t all fun and games.  I took two 3 credit hour classes in those 7 weeks, Global Healthcare and Christianity in Culture.  Global Healthcare opened my eyes to the  several different ways in which countries have set up their healthcare systems.  It was an important educational
experience for me as I pl
an to plunge into the US healthcare system. I enjoyed working in many different typestudy abroad 1s of clinics.  The doctors made many comments about how impressed they were with our attitudes and helpfulness.  I also believe it was a wonderful experience due to the fact that I may, one day, venture out into other healthcare systems as a missionary doctor.

Christianity in Culture was an enlightening Bible course where we discussed many current issues and how we can apply the Bible to these issues.  It was a very interesting course that challenged me and my thought process on many of the main topics of today.
One of my favorite experiences from the time was when we were privileged to attend a missionary house church there in Leipzig.  We were blessed to be able to sit down and worship with several Germans and the missionary family there.  They expressed to us how encouraging it was for them to be able to fellowship with Americans after spendinstudy abroad 3g so much time in a culture different from their own.  It was truly a blessing to be with them and be able to learn from their selfless lives.