Winners are Announced for 2010-2011 Contest !!
See winning photos and all entries under ‘Pages’.
Congratulations and thank you to everyone who participated…
Pruett Gerontology Center
Art and Design Department
Digital Media Center
“Images of Aging”
Photo Contest 2011
We are excited to present the first “Images of Aging” Photo Contest to the students of Abilene Christian University. ACU students are encouraged to connect with older adults through the art of photography.
While there are several categories that each present different creative and technical possibilities, all photographs must include at least one person 60 years old or older.
Contest starts November 11, 2010 and ends January 31, 2011.
All students enrolled at Abilene Christian University for the 2010-2011 scholastic year are eligible. Faculty, staff and the general public are not.
There are five categories:
- Art Forms - black and white - photos that can be enhanced artistically
- Art Forms – color - photos that can be enhanced artistically
- Documentary – black and white - photos with minimal enhancements
- Documentary – color - photos with minimal enhancements
- Mobile – photos taken with a mobile device such as iPhone
First Place prize for each category is a gift certificate to Best Buy for $150.00.
Honorable Mentions will be awarded gift certificate for $50.00 each.
This is a skills-based contest. Chance plays no part in the determination of winners. Technical help is available at the Digital Media Center located in the basement of the Brown Library.
Entrants may submit photos to any category, but not more than three for each category.
Photographs should be taken with the highest possible resolution.
How to Enter:
1. Read and agree to the Photo Contest Rules.
2. Download the model release form. You may make as many copies as you need.
3. Take your photos!
- Must include at least one person 60+ years old
- All model(s) must sign release form
- Use highest resolution possible
- Give your photograph a title
- Have fun!
4. Submit your photo by email.
- Use your own ACU email address - this tells us who you are
- Submit one photo per email
- Put Category of photo in subject line (ie. Art Forms color)
- Name all the models in your photograph in the body of the email
- If you wish, please include two or three sentences that tell the story of the picture
- Attach your photo and send to email@example.com
5. Submit your signed Model Release forms within 5 days to:
- Pruett Gerontology Center
- Hardin Administration Building Rm 118 or
- ACU Box 27793
- Only one release form per model is needed
Last day to enter: January 31, 2011.
If you have any questions or comments, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
We encourage you to do your best.
The best photographs will be displayed.
Be sure to have fun!