Anna Ciufo, The Woodlands, Texas

54 Commentsby

Condition Update: Released Nov. 15

Hometown: The Woodlands, Texas

Classification: Freshman

Major: Animal Science (Pre-Veterinary Medicine and Health)

1. Elizabeth Ciufo Waters

Please continue to pray for Anna. Tomorrow, Nov 7th, she is undergoing her 2nd surgery, this one to repair 5 fractures in her pelvis. Her family is standing strong in the love of Christ and appreciates all the prayers and support from ACU.

2. Wimon & Rosalinda Walker

Thank you, Elizabeth, for letting us know what to pray. We are the ACU Study Abroad directors in South America, so our news is limited. You can count on our prayers, especially for the operation today! Please keep us posted…

3. Suanna Davis

For the Ciufos:

Anna’s been on Facebook with prayers from the Kingwood folks. You and yours are being remembered in our prayers.

May God guide the surgeons and grace you all with his comfort and strength.

Suanna Davis

4. Debby McCrary

Praying for Anna and the Dr. , that healing comes and peace is felt through this journey.

5. Kathy and Jerry Karels

Anna,
    Praying that your surgery goes well today and that you continue to get better every day. So sorry that you had to go through this but we will be praying for God’s healing, comfort and strength.
    Kathy and Jerry Karels

6. Scott & Sandy Ferguson

Praying for a successful surgery today as you continue down the road of healing. Know you are being lifted up all across the world and being held in the arms of the Great Healer.

7. Stacy Epps

Anna,

We do not know each other, but I want you to know as a student at ACU, you are family, and I am praying for you, that God will bring peace and healing to your body, mind, and soul. Know that he is holding you every moment of the day in his loving arms and will never leave you. When you feel you have no strength remember that God is carrying you, and giving you the strength that you need. We Love you Anna, and are Praying with out ceasing.

8. Trudy Dilling

Anna, Just wanted you to know that Dana’s family in Florida is praying and believing for your miraculous healing. And we are asking God to surround your parents and family with His peace.
    Blessings, Trudy Dilling (Dana’s mom)

9. Elizabeth Ciufo Waters

Surgery delayed this morning.Anna’s blood count was down and she had to receive a blood transfusion first. Please pray for the Ciufos – the waiting and uncertainty must be killing them.

• Karen Hendrick

Anna, My prayers and thought are with you as you undergo your jaw surgery. May the Lord continue to hold you and heal you. Your librarian, Karen Hendrick

10. Alicia Kirven

Anna!

Just wanted to let you know that we are all praying for you. You are so strong, and I know you will get through this. I know you are in God’s hands, and He is going to take care of you. Praying for you, your surgery and the recovery process. I can’t wait to see your bright, smiling face again.

11. Diane Bellingham

Anna, You do not know me but I am a believer in prayer, and I am praying for you today as you have your second surgery. Praying that God will give you the comfort and peace that you need, and prayer for your doctors and nurses as they repair your body. Also for continued healing.
    Blessings from our Ladies Prayer Group up here in Hamilton, Ontario Canada

God Bless you in the days ahead and your family too.
    May God continue to give them the peace and reasurrance that you all need at this time.

Love and prayers,

Diane

12. Judy Cureton

Anna,
    A lot of people here are praying for you and the others. God is a God of plans–a God of hope who plans to prosper you and care for you. Last year I was in an accident. It broke two vertebra. It was not easy for me. I know this is not easy, but it is good to know Jesus is interceding for you right now. Lay in His arms. But also FIGHT, and breathe in deep for His peace and His healing and His miracles. We love you in a way that the regular world cannot explain. We are praying the doctors and nurses would be guided by God’s Hand. I am very thankful that God truly can take these situations and work to bring good into our lives. I pray He will be glorified through this. Be brave! Be brave enough to ask for help on the hard days and brave enough to love in a lavish way on the good days. (I am a friend of Dr. Suanna Davis. I think she might teach on your campus or a nearby campus.)

13. Carri Hill

Anna,

I am praying for you and know that the Healer has you in the palm of His hand. I pray that God will touch your body with healing…repairing every little thing. I pray for your family. May the peace that passes understanding be with you all.

Please do not hesitate to contact me if I can be of any help to you.

BLESSINGS!

14. Gaye Williams

We do not know Anna, but we are praying! Many people are praying.

15. Paulette Nelson

Anna, I am praying for complete healing for you. May God guide the hands of the surgeons and may you feel stronger each day. You and your family are in my thoughts and prayers.

Paulette Nelson (your former 9th grade counselor at TWHS)

16. Elizabeth Ciufo Waters

Anna is out of surgery! It went very well. God is so good. Thanks for everyone’s prayers!!

• Linda Kemp

So very glad to hear the surgery went well. I can’t wait to meet you when God restores you to health and you can come back to campus! I’ve heard so many sweet and wonderful things. Your servant’s heart is a testimony to all.

17. Christi & Peter Sutherland

Thank you so much for keeping us updated on Anna’s progress. Anna, so many people are praying for you and your family. May the Lord strengthen you to a speedy recovery. Wishing you God’s blessings. Love and Prayers. Christi & Peter Sutherland

18. Ed Brokaw

Anna,

You are constantly in our prayers. I am anxious to see you personally and share the concern and prayers of the entire A & E family with you. Pray that your surgery goes well and healing comes quickly.

19. Estellene and Vic Allen

Anna,

We are praying for your complete recovery. We have a grandson who is also a freshman, so we can imagine what your parents and grandparents are going through! God bless you in the coming days.

20. Lisa

We are praying for you in Richmond. We remember you and your family from Fairfax. May God bring total healing as only He can provide.

21. Dan Ciufo

Anna’s surgery went well beyond our expectations, and was more than we hoped for. God has manifest Himself in too many ways to recount. Many, many thanks to the ACU faculty and staff who have just genuinely communicated God’s love through this difficult experience.

• Dolores Miller

Dan,

I had heard about the accident, but didn’t know that Anna was involved. So glad to hear the surgery went well. Your Mid-County family will be praying for a complete recovery. Blessings, Dolores

• Karen Andrews

Dan & Daphne,
        You and the girls remain in our prayers. We pray you are feeling God’s arms of healing, comfort & strength lifting you up. We love you! Karen

22. Guy & Holly Lewis

Anna, we are from the Woodlands area, and we are praying for you daily. We praise God that your surgery went well, and we will continue to pray for complete healing.

In Christ,
    Guy & Holly Lewis

23. Shelly Reid

Anna,

A dear, sweet young man stopped by to visit with me yesterday after the memorial chapel service. I am sorry that I do not recall his name, but he came to visit with me because of the influence that you have had on him through a summer internship;your light is obviously shining brightly for our lord! We are praying for your steady and complete healing.

Shelly

24. Barbara Faltin

‘But those who hope in the Lord
    will renew their strength.
    They will soar on the wings like eagles;
    they will run and not grow weary’
    they will walk and not be faint” Isaiah40:31

We’re here in prayer for you & your family,can’t wait to serve you personally. lv barb

25. Eric and Georgianna Henderson

Anna, we are praying for you and your family as you process and recover from this tragedy! We will be following your progress!

Kathleen’s parents

26. Cheryl Burke

I am praying for God to heal you quickly. So many in VA know you and I am following your progress through many networks. God is good.

27. Wendy Jones

Just wanted you to know that you are in my prayers! So glad your surgery went so well!

28. Leslie Buffington

Anna we are keeping the prayers coming! Anna is scheduled for surgery Thursday on her jaw. For more detailed updates feel free to join “Anna Ciufo Updates” on facebook page I have created. Family has been posting details on there.

• Robin Zanotto

What hospital in Dallas? I’m Laurens mom and we are in North Dallas. If you need anything I will come.

Anna, I am praying for you and for the seen and unseen healing. Jesus take the pain away so her body can heal and be strong again, renew and refresh her spirit, keep her mind focused on your beauty and unfailing love.

Thank you for the updates. Robin Zanotto

29. donna

My dearest Anna, i don’t know you except what my daughter Tiffany has told me about you. A child of God, precious to Him, you are in his hands,so stop, rest and realize what you have in the Lord, He knows, He cares, and He loves you more than you can know imagine and realize.I love you and know we are praying for you. Tiffanys’s mom Donna

30. Scott and Tunisia Singleton

Anna,
    Praying for the blessing of healing to be upon you, may the love you are feeling from those around you be a taste of God’s love for you.
    Grace and Peace,

The Singletons

31. Dan Ciufo

Dan Ciufo, Anna’s Daddy here. Anna is hanging in there and is being very brave. She’s still in pretty rough shape. The ride has been up and down–she had 8 pelvic and hip fractures, heel trauma, apparently a partially collapsed lung, newly discovered jaw fractures, one on each side, and now she’s still not stable with her blood and heartrate. Tonight she’s receiving a second blood transfusion, and surgery on her jaw tomorrow.
    But all said, God has been faithful and we know he loves her and knows her better than we do if that’s possible, and we’re really hopeful tomorrow will be another positive turn.
    Our hearts are with the ACU community, the Reid family, and all the students and faculty who were injured.
    The true christian character of this university has been shown in deed now as well as in word! Dan Ciufo

• Karen Sampson

Dan- Continuing in prayer for Anna and your whole family.
      Blessings,
      Karen & David Sampson

• Chris Cuevas

Dan,

As a father of four daughters, two of whom, are students are at ACU, my prayers have been continually going up for your family. I was classmates with Chip and have been following Anna’s progress since Chip first posted about her being from his home congregation. May God give you strength and perseverance to stay strong, peace and comfort to know that he is in control.

Literally, thousands of people around the world are lifting Anna and her classmates, professors, family and friends up in prayer.

Our GOD is good and faithful.

• Trudy Dilling

Mr. Cuifo
      Thanks for the update. Our daughter Dana is in Swing-Cats with Anna. We had the pleasure of meeting Anna during Homecoming weekend. What a delightful young lady! We continue to thank God, in advance, for Anna’s complete healing. Blessings to you and your family.

• Erika Stevens

Dan & Daphne,

I was so stunned to find out that your precious daughter was a part of this unfortunate tragedy. My prayers are with your family and please let me know if there’s anything I can do to help in this time of need. I live in Cedar Hill, a southern suburb of Dallas. May God continue to bless you all through this storm and touch Anna with his healing grace.

Love ya’ll
      Erika Stevens

32. Carmen Foster

Dear Anna and family,

My brother-in-law, Randall Foster, goes to church with you all, and I just want you to know we are praying for you here in Abilene. In fact, I work here at ACU, and I hope you know that we are all pulling for you – our staff, faculty and students. We are praying for your surgery to go well and for God’s blessings on you all.

33. Norma Reynolds

Dear Anna,
    So many prayers are going up for you and all the others. My prayer from fist time I heard of the accident was for complete healing with no infections or other complications to interfere with a return to life as normally as possible. All want the best results possible for you. May God give you strength, comfort and peace. Determine to be well, fight for your return to health. We love you though we do not know you.

34. Trudy Dilling

Anna,
    Dana’s mom and dad continue to pray for your miraculous healing. It was so nice to meet you during homecoming weekend and we look forward to seeing you again during Sing-Song.
    Blessings from Florida!!

35. Michelle Ashby

Lifting you up in prayer tonight. Love you much.

Michelle, Ryan, Mackenna and Reese Ashby

36. Marie Freeman

Dan, Daphne & Leah ~ Today I was blessed by you! I came to encourage you and lift you and Anna up and what I saw in you was peace and grace in such difficult circumstances! I know you each treasure the prayers and the outpouring of love that has been shown, but you should know that how you have responded has, and will continue to be, a story of faith that others are witnessing. No one ever invites struggles or tragedy into their lives, but to take those moments and events and use them to show others of God’s love and care for us, His children, well …that is a living testament of your walk with our Heavenly Father. I pray in the coming days there will be an abundance of blessings poured out on each of you, especially the blessing of swift physical and emotional healing for Anna.
    1 Cor 1:3 “Praise be to the God And Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of compassion and the God of all comfort!”
    You have my number, and I am sincere in saying again, please do not hesitate to call me – I am pretty good at making a snack run :-)
    In Him,
    Marie Freeman, Dallas, Tx

37. Annette Brown

My daughter is a freshman soccer player at ACU. You’ have all been in my prayers, in concert with my Bible Study prayer warriors.. Our soccer girls used that bus the weekend before. As a fellow parent, it just hit me so hard to imagine the shock of the phone call and how you’ve spent the last days. I’ll continue to lift prayers for you, Anna and her healthcare team, that her healing will be led by God and his Spirit over all.

38. Dan Ciufo

Anna is in day 8 of her hospital stay. We thought she would be going home yesterday or today but she’s developed an infection in her injured foot. She had A subsequent allergic reaction to the potent antibiotic called “red man syndrome” where she gets hot, turns red and itchy. A couple doses of benedryl helped a lot. They’ve got to get this infection controlled so she’ll be here a couple more days.
    Thanks for all the great support from her friends and staff in the ACU community. She’ll lick this thing…her faith in the great physician is strong!

• Trudy Dilling

Thanks for the update! Fortunately the “red man syndrome” is more annoying than anything (I’ve been there). I truly believe that God is going to use Anna mightily and her testimony about these struggles will bring others to the knowledge of Jesus. Our daily prayers thank God for Anna’s healing. Grace and peace to your entire family.
      –The Dillings

39. Melanie Ford

Anna. We are praying for you, asking the Lord to give you peace,comfort and complete healing. Merissa misses you very much and wishes there was a way she could see you. I am also praying for your Mom & Dad as they love you through this difficult time.

40. Michael Hipelius

Anna,

My sister Judy (your pen pal) let me know of the hardships you are facing. A few of my coworkers and I have asked the Lord to help you through this difficult time. I just wanted to make you aware of the web of prayers around you.

From all of the heartfelt comments on this blog (and from what my sister tells me) it is obvious that you are a loving and caring person. I am glad to hear of your positive strides in recovery! May God keep you on that path!

Michael Hipelius, Morgantown, WV

41. Stacy Epps

Anna,

I am praising God for your release from the Hospital! I rejoice with you and your family in knowing that you are home safe and sound. I will continue to pray for your healing. I do want you to know that I saw Merissa yesterday at ACU with her mother getting her ready for class, and want you to know that she is doing great. We look forward to seeing you back on campus. Praying for you and your quick recovery.

42. Karen Gee

Praise God for your release and for the healing you have already received. May God continue to heal you and your family.

43. Wimon & Rosalinda Walker

I am so grateful for answered prayers; you are out of the hospital! This encourages me to continue praying fervently for your complete healing. I pray God will give you and your family strength, and even joy, in this journey.

44. Samantha

I am praying for your healing of mind, body and spirit! May you feel surrounded with love and support.