From JMC alum Michelle Morris comes this opportunity:
GideonStone (www.gideonstone.com) is searching for a summer intern who plans to live in the Houston area from mid-May through mid-August or June through mid-August. We’ll pay $10/hour, 20 hours a week, maximum of 80 hours per month for three months. The intern will be a part-time employee. We are thinking they will be an actual intern, but will look at a recent grad. We will not reimburse for travel expenses, but the job should require only periodic, short trips for errands (picking up a print job, office supplies, etc.). We will provide a phone line for all calls. We would prefer that the individual come to our office for work hours, though there may be some flexibility.
Both full-time partners in the firm, Dr. Michelle Morris and Ric Morris, are ACU alumni and love working with ACU students and grads.
Some of the types of work to be completed this summer: a university annual report; calls to universities across a wide region to update information; researching and writing marketing/communication related blogs; updating website and social media for GideonStone; preparing for fall strategic planning gigs; potentially conducting communication audits; and writing projects. We may also need help with market research and national media research. The intern would also be asked to help with general organizational projects related to client files and work samples. Plenty of coffee is provided!
- Must be highly proficient with Word, Excel, PowerPoint; helps to be familiar with Photoshop, InDesign, Adobe Acrobat Pro, Microsoft Publisher
- Can be Mac or PC oriented; we use Macs but also have an available PC for use. If using a Mac, will need to provide his/her own computer (probably best, if possible). If the individual has Adobe Creative Suite, that’s an added bonus.
- Experience in web content creation and publishing (CMS)
- Basic ability to shoot and edit photos and/or videos
- Proficient with video or interactive presentation software
- Research skills (using available data sources and compiling into a meaningful report)
- Email marketing knowledge
We’d like to receive: 1) a resume; 2) a link to an online portfolio or emailed samples of work (mail can work, too, but we’re moving pretty quickly); 3) references; 4) a one-page cover letter explaining why the individual is the right person for this internship.
This information can be emailed to Michelle at firstname.lastname@example.org
, ideally no later than Wednesday, April 30.