GideonStone, LLC, an award-winning, boutique consulting and creative services firm based in the Houston area, is seeking a smart, highly motivated, multi-talented ACU intern for the summer months. The individual must plan to live in the Houston area from mid-May through mid-August or June through mid-August. We’ll pay $10/hour, 20 hours a week, maximum of 80 hours per month for three months. The intern will be a contract employee of our company. The ideal candidate will have completed his or her junior year and will have taken several classes in journalism, public relations, web/publication design and/or marketing.
We will not reimburse for travel expenses, but the job should require only periodic, short trips for errands (picking up a print job, office supplies, etc.). Our home office is in Missouri City, and depending on where the individual lives, a Texas toll tag may be helpful. We will provide a phone line for all calls. We would prefer that the individual come to our office for work hours, though there will be some flexibility, depending on the project assignments.
The individual must be:
- Bright and highly motivated
- Pleasant and outgoing
- Energetic, on time and organized
- Familiar with the higher education environment
- A strategic thinker
- Able to conduct an effective interview, in person and on the phone
- Knowledgeable about communications and marketing; hands-on experience preferred
- Able to write quickly and well
- Able to edit effectively
- Articulate and able to be understood clearly on the phone
- Willing to make several hundred phone calls without frustration and record detailed information accurately
- A roll-up-their-sleeves and work hard person
- Must be highly proficient with Word, Excel, PowerPoint; helps to be familiar with Photoshop, InDesign, Adobe Acrobat Pro, Microsoft Publisher
- Can be Mac or PC oriented; we use Macs but also have an available PC for use. If using a Mac, will need to provide his/her own computer (probably best, if possible). If the individual has Adobe Creative Suite, that’s an added bonus.
- Experience in web content creation and publishing (CMS)
- Basic ability to shoot and edit photos and/or videos
- Proficient with video or interactive presentation software
- Research/report development skills (using available data sources and compiling into a meaningful report)
- Email marketing knowledge
We’d like to receive: 1) a resume; 2) a link to an online portfolio or emailed samples of work (mail can work, too, but we’re moving pretty quickly); 3) three non-family references; 4) a one-page cover letter explaining why the individual is the right person for this internship.
This information should be emailed to my attention at firstname.lastname@example.org, no later than Thursday, Feb. 12, at 5 p.m.
The principals of GideonStone, LLC will be in Abilene the weekend of Feb. 13-15 and will be able to conduct in-person interviews on Saturday morning, if scheduling permits. If not, phone interviews are acceptable as well. Thanks!
Michelle Morris, Ed.D.
CEO and Managing Partner