This year we have a new feature on the PGC Blog. Every week, we will highlight something interesting, note-worthy, and/or fun that is happening at the Pruett Gerontology Center!

This week’s highlight post is a thank you to one of our student associates: Natalie Hudson. Natalie is a graduate student in Speech-Language Pathology. Natalie is the daughter of Al and Lisa Hudson. Natalie is in her second year working for the Pruett Gerontology Center. Being a full-time graduate student is ultra-busy, but Natalie enjoys a few minutes of occasional fun swimming, reading, going to the pool, and bike-riding.

Natalie Hudson Among her undergrad memories, Natalie says, “I was in KoJoKai (women’s social club) in my undergrad and I loved it!” She also has fond memories of study abroad in Uruguay, “I had so much fun exploring and learning Spanish! I would visit again in a heartbeat!”

As a multi-tasking PGC Associate, Natalie’s go-to essential office supply is post-it-notes. “Sticky Notes! I’m always remembering random things to remind myself about for later,” she says.

Guiding Natalie through these long days of graduate courses, internships, and work in the PGC is Proverbs 17:22, “A merry heart does good, like medicine.” As Natalie reminds us, “We can’t always control what life throws at us, but we always have the ability to choose to be happy, shifting a bad attitude to positivity will always reap rewards.” Thank you, Natalie, for these wise words and your help with us at PGC!

#PGCACU

~~~

More Weekly Highlights