You can print your poster at several professional copy centers in town. One good option is through CopyCat in the library.
1. Size – Your poster should be 32″ high by 40″ wide. At the poster session, the posters will be fixed to a mounting board that is 32″ X 40″ using binder clips. Posters larger than this size may be creased in the process.
2. Editing – Be sure an edit your poster. Be sure and have someone else edit your poster.
3. References – Don’t forget your references.
4. Double check the color – Make sure that the colors you are using work together and are readable. You might print your poster out on a single piece of paper on a color printer. When you print select “Scale to Fit.” Printer colors often look slightly different than screen colors, so you want to double check.
5. Use Powerpoint or Photoshop – If you would like your poster printed for free, use PowerPoint or Photoshop. If you use PowerPoint use the Poster Template for URF and save the file as .ppt. If you use Photoshop save the file as .pdf.
6. Check out these winning posters from last year.