ACU’s School of Information Technology and Computing (SITC) delivers a high-quality undergraduate education in a small-school, Christian environment for students interested in graduate school and careers in technical fields.
Rapid advances in technology allow for constant innovation, and we strive to mirror that innovation with our curriculum in order to prepare students to have the necessary skills to become the next software engineers, computer scientists, game designers, database and network administrators, and more.
Our mission is to educate students in technology-related fields for Christian service and leadership throughout the world. We provide the highest quality education while encouraging students to live out their faith in the ever-changing, high-tech arena. Our graduates will:
- Use Christian principles in evaluating issues and making ethical decisions
- Demonstrate broad, integrated knowledge in core technology areas related to their fields of study
- Exhibit critical thinking, communication, leadership and career development appropriate for technology professionals
Our majors – Computer Science, Computer Science and Math with Teacher Certification, Digital Entertainment Technology, Information Systems, and Information Technology – prepare students to be successful as they enter their careers of choice.
- Mentoring from highly-qualified Christian faculty – our professors hold the highest degrees in their field and years of industry experience and strive to prepare students to excel in their careers and to live out their faith in all parts of their lives
- Participation in research, real-world projects and student organizations beginning your freshman year – we offer many opportunities for involvement, including internships, part-time employment, student clubs and organizations, and access to industry professionals
- Innovative curriculum and internship opportunities that create high job placement and graduate school placement rates – our curriculum follows industry recommendations and current trends so that our students graduate with the necessary skills to enter their career of choice in the technology field