Information Systems (BBA)
Information Systems is a cooperative degree with the College of Business Administration that allows students to specialize in the strategic development and usage of information and technology in business.
The undergraduate program in Information Systems is accredited through ACU’s College of Business Administration by the Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business International (AACSB), the highest accreditation body for schools of business.
- Of the more than 2,000 institutions in the world offering business degrees, only 5% have earned AACSB accreditation.
- ACU’s College of Business is one of two business programs affiliated with the Churches of Christ that is AACSB accredited.
- ACU’s College of Business is one of three programs among more than 100 institutions in the Council for Christian Colleges & Universities (CCCU) that has achieved this level of academic distinction.
- Of the 40+ private schools of business in the state of Texas, ACU is one of only nine achieving this accreditation.
An understanding of data and information management and the technology used for structuring, analyzing and visualizing data in decision making.
Understanding of computing platforms and data structures for integrating business systems.
Growing job market and high earning potential after college.
Our Information Systems program prepares students to:
- Follow Christian principles in evaluating issues and making ethical, sustainable decisions
- Demonstrate broad, integrated knowledge in core technology areas related to business, information and people
- Consider their individuality and spiritual giftedness in stewardship and service
- Exhibit critical thinking, communication, leadership, and career development appropriate for effectiveness and advancement in the field of Information Systems
- Analytics/Business Intelligence/Data Science
- Data Architecture/Big Data Management
- Enterprise Architect/Infrastructure Management
- IT Project Management
- Security/Compliance (Risk Managers, Compliance Analysts)