Finally, a place to practice in private.
Delivery is a crucial part of being an effective speaker. Yet, most people don’t spend enough time practicing their presentations. Really practicing, practicing out loud. Maybe they don’t have a place. Maybe they don’t have someone to listen. Most likely, they don’t want anyone to hear them.
Our new digital recording service meets your delivery needs. We have two private rooms with digital recording equipment. If you want an audience, you can schedule an appointment with a tutor. But if you want to practice in private, the room is all yours! Rooms are available by reservation on a first come, first serve basis.
Digital recording instructions:
- Select the Photo Booth application. (If it isn’t visible, click on Finder, Applications, and Photo Booth.)
- To select the video function, click on the filmstrip icon in the lower left corner. You should now appear on the screen.
- To start recording, click on the red video camera icon in the lower middle portion of the screen. Your recording will begin after you see the flashing 3, 2, 1.
- To stop recording, click the same red button in the lower middle portion of the screen.
- To watch your video, double click on the icon of your video in the lower right corner.
- To save your video 1) drag your video to your USB or 2) drag your video to the desktop and upload it to your space on the Files system through myACU.