These records contain The Christian Reminder, a bulletin of the Harris and Irving Church of Christ which then became the Johnson Street Church of Christ in 1963.
More about the rich history of this congregation can be found on their website.
Related resources from ACU Special Collections and Archives:
- Ora Mae Curry Papers, 1917-1921
- Curry went on from Abilene Christian College to teach history at Central High School in San Angelo and to attend Johnson Street Church of Christ
- McCarty, A. J., “The Honest Man” (1920).
- Jackson McCarty preached at a 1900 Gospel Meeting in San Angelo which resulted in the founding of the Harris and Irving Church of Christ
- Theophilus Brown Larimore Papers, 1907-1935
- Larimore led a a three month meeting in San Angelo in 1903 that resulted in growth of the church