2015-2016 Undergraduate Research Mentors of the Year
Each year, 3 professors involved in research are chosen by ACU students to receive the Mentor of the Year Award.
This year the winners were Dr. Michael Daugherity, Dr. Christopher Hutson, and Dr. Anita Broxson.
- Dr. Michael Daugherity, Department of Physics
- This mentor was nominated by his students for his enthusiasm and devotion to research and the students that he works with. His extraordinary teaching as well as his character inspires students to pursue their interests and passions. He is experienced in his field of study and relates information effectively and efficiently, helping to develop student interest in research. Dr. Daugherity has helped his students shape and form projects that have expanded their knowledge and intellect. One student said that this professor is someone that they admire and will never forget.
- Dr. Christopher Hutson, Department of Bible, Missions, & Ministry
- This mentor was nominated by his students because he is an unwavering source of support and encouragement for his students’ research endeavors. His encouragement has given students the confidence to continue their projects with renewed motivation and persistence. He is excellent at communicating with his students through every stage of the research process and takes a personal interest in their work. One student said this professor has given him confidence to stay motivated throughout the research process because he has learned it can produce magnificent results.
- Dr. Anita Broxson, School of Nursing
- This mentor was nominated by her students for her contagious passion and enthusiasm for research. She helps her students discover their own passion for research and encourages them to think critically and view things from different perspectives. She takes a personal interest in her students and helps them discover and develop their talents with patience and understanding. She inspires a spirit of integrity in everything as she encourages her student to seek Christ in every aspect of their work. Her role as a mentor goes far beyond her research projects. She cares not only about her students’ education but their mental and spiritual well being as well.
Congratulations to these professors for their exemplary role as mentors!