And God said…

0 Commentsby

by Annika

And God said…

And God said…

I painted the earth in the process of being created. Using text from Genesis 1 and 2, as well as Psalms 139, I wanted to convey the image of the earth being spoken into existence by God, as well as connect the idea that we as human beings are under God’s hand from birth to death.
In works by Tolkien, specifically in Lord of the Rings, there is an underlying feeling of purpose and destiny for each of the characters. The story that plays out is important, but it is only one small section of a much larger, overreaching story that Tolkien has crafted and designed. The journey that the characters set out on is both meaningful and necessary, and at the end of it they have grown (some literally) and changed into different people than they were initially.

When I think about the awesome power of God that enables Him to speak and create an entire universe, and then think about his interest in my life I feel very small. But at the same time I feel a sense of courage and expectation. My days have been written into God’s book, the complete story. However small a part I play, it is one that God, the Author of everything, has written specifically for me. He knows my strengths and my weaknesses, and the words I will speak. He is the Creator and I am his creation.