Snorkel Practice

11 Commentsby   |  05.31.11  |  Pago Pago, American Samoa

May 24, 2011 – 10:46 a.m.

Well, yesterday was my first go at snorkeling. It really wasn’t a place to snorkel, but we went to practice anyway. We did see some fish! I am still amazed at how beautiful the water is and how white the sand is. Going under the water with goggles on was absolutely amazing. It did not even seem like we were in a public beach! Absolutely beautiful! Dean was able to get a couple of great shots with the underwater digital camera Danna found. We were skeptical of it, but it really turned out great. It also takes video, so we’ll try that one next. Even though we were only in the water for about 20 minutes, the pull of the water was stronger than I’m used to, and Dean and I were both so exhausted afterwards. I came back for my daily nap. I’ve been taking long naps almost every day since we’ve gotten here, and I’ve been ready for bed by about 8:30 every night. Then of course I wake up at about 6:00 every morning. I think I’m still getting used to the time change.

Today we begin spending time with some of the church members again. We went to Carl’s Jr. last Tuesday for lunch and I think we’re going to KFC today. We will eat with David (preacher at Tafuna/Dean’s dad), Tia (elder of Tafuna), Bill (member of Tafuna/works with the youth at Tafuna), Lynn (elder of Tafuna/Dean’s uncle), and Jerry (member of Tafuna.) Actually, I was just reminded that Tia is in Western Samoa this week, so he will not be with us today. It is a great time of fellowship and conversation. Dean and I will also work a little bit on our VBS planning and planning for the Tweens and Sunday morning classes.

Dean is feeling pretty sick right now, so please keep him in your prayers. It seems to be a sinus infection. He’s really stopped up, feels achy and chills all over, and he has felt warm enough to have fever. We really want to stay as well as possible, but if it’s necessary to take a trip to the doctor, we will.

Thank you all for your wonderful support and prayers! We are very glad to have such a wonderful group of friends and family. God has blessed us so far on our trip, and it’s still only the beginning.

Thank you for reading. Don’t forget Dean’s blog @ www.deanwillis.blogspot.com.

1. Darla Mcilwaine

Everything is very open and very clear explanation of issues. was truly information. Your website is very useful. Thanks for sharing.

2. muzica noua

Appreciate it for this marvelous post, I am glad I detected this internet site on yahoo.

3. pizza sibiu

Some truly interesting information, well written and broadly speaking user pleasant.

4. Mansl ELshomokh

Thank you for sharing this great and useful post.
    شركة منزل الشموخ

5. BPL 2022 Fixture

Helpful post. Thank you for sharing this great and useful post.

6. Avajames

You have always shared such great content and I always get much help from your posts, like I get from online assignment writer services and I appreciated your efforts.

7. Jesscia Carvin

You constantly give such wonderful stuff, and I always learn a lot from your writings. I especially liked your efforts when I buy nursing essay services.

8. Adam

Nice blog really it’s amazing.

9. like this, you have great website
    If you want to perform rhinoplasty with the best nose surgeon in Shiraz. Please read this article

10. MCA Live Transfer

I learned a lot about snorkeling and how to stay safe while doing it. The course was also a lot of fun, and I would definitely recommend it to anyone looking to learn more about snorkeling or to improve their skills.

11. Tony Soprano Tracksuit

I think that Every Human wants to dress well and to be the queen or king of the party or event. It is highly recommended for the winter Season.