Today America, Tomorrow Africa

7 Commentsby   |  06.04.11  |  Kenya

It is the night before I leave for Africa and I have never felt so simultaneously prepared and unprepared in all my life. For the past 8 months I’ve been diligently studying and preparing myself for this summer. I’ve met with missionaries familiar with Kenya, taken the appropriate classes to prepare me for what to expect, and prayed that God would provide me with, well, a feeling of preparedness. However, no matter how much I do, no matter how early I pack (which might have been 3 weeks before our departure date), I cannot seem to feel prepared enough. I should have done more, should have started earlier, should have, should have, should have. Yet the most comforting feeling, right after preparedness of course, is assurance. Assurance that God has a plan for me this summer, that He will prosper me and will not harm me. He gives me hope and a future (copyright: Jeremiah 29:11). Acts 13:47 states, “For this is what the Lord has commanded us: “’I have made you a light for the Gentiles, that you may bring salvation to the ends of the earth.’” My calling is to serve and the opportunity is in Kenya. No matter the conflict or discomfort at hand, I must “go into all the world and preach the gospel to all creation” (Mark 16:15). That is the Lord’s ultimate purpose for us here on earth and I have been blessed with the amazing opportunity to carry out that purpose. This cannot be done alone, however. I cannot do this without God’s help “and will give [my] attention to prayer and the ministry of the word” (Acts 6:4). Ultimately it is HIS will that must be fulfilled and this can only be done through continuous prayer and study while I’m abroad. It is a frightening, yet exhilarating, feeling entering a foreign country without full understanding of natives’ behaviors and cultural norms. I must “trust in the Lord with all [my] heart and lean not on [my] own understanding; in all [my] ways submit to Him, and He will make [my] paths straight” (Proverbs 3:5-6). God has a plan not only for the Kenyan people, but for me as well. He has provided me with an amazing opportunity to go out into an unfamiliar country and introduce, teach, and live God’s word to the best of my ability. Although there will be times that the diverse culture and differing worldviews will diverge from my personal norms, I must trust that God has a plan for my being in Kenya this summer and that He will provide a sense of peace and courage that I would not possess without His help. As John 14:14 states, “you may ask me for anything in my name, and I will do it.”

1. webex.loginp.com

Outstanding post, you have pointed out some excellent points, I as well believe this s a very fantastic website.

2. MULTIBREND

I keep listening to the news update lecture about getting boundless online grant applications so I have been looking around for the finest site to get one. Could you advise me please, where could i acquire some?

3. KOMORNIK MOKOTÓW

There is visibly a bunch to identify about this. I feel you made various nice points in features also.

4. salon de massage paris

I saw a lot of website but I conceive this one contains something extra in it in it

5. lagu KPop terbaru

Niche Article,,,

6. Cool text

Create nicknames with the most font generator ever, a collection of 1001 beautiful characters. Create your nickname with the most fancy text ever in the collection of 1001 text symbols and more.

7. CGVINDO Kini Pindah Alamat Menjadi 161.97.125.184 – Free online movie watching sites such as Rebahin, LK21 – LayarKaca21, or Indoxxi are still very popular, because they can get rid of boredom when doing activities at home. Recommended links to watch your favorite online movies on the free and the latest 2021 sites can be an interesting entertainment choice.

Watching movies online is one solution to get rid of boredom while at home. There are many choices of free online movie watching sites with the latest links that you can enjoy right now

In addition, the collections available on links to free online movie watching sites such as CGVINDO, teachers moving websites, LK21 – LayarKaca21, or Indoxxi are also quite complete, and have pretty good picture quality. Interestingly, on the web for watching streaming films, you can also find some of the latest box office films that are still showing in theaters.

Well, for you fans of “free” movies, we have selected 25 links to watch the latest free online movies in 2021 that Telset friends can try. Let’s take a look at the following recommendations for free online streaming sites!