Nkwatia

14 Commentsby   |  06.21.11  |  Accra, Ghana

Hello Everyone! So we all have been here three weeks in Africa, and everything is going well.  Sorry about the lack of updates; the Internet access is pretty limited up where we are currently staying!  About a week ago we traveled to Village of Hope’s other school location in Nkwatia, a small town in the mountains.  It is much cooler here and less humid (praise the Lord!), but it is still tropical.  I love it here in this location: it is truly beautiful.  The school here is understaffed and in need of teachers, so we have been going up everyday to each and assist in any way we can.  This has been a wonderful experience for me personally, especially since I desire to go into teaching.  I have been learning so much.  It is very different from the U.S. (on the first day I had to take away a machete in class, rather than a cell phone), and teaching has been excellent way to learn about the Ghanaian culture and people, as well as connecting with the kids.  We are all doing well, though Ashton had a malaria scare after falling ill a few days ago.  However, it turns out it was not malaria, and she is already feeling much better.

We will be in Nkwatia for the next week and a half, and will then travel back to the Village of Hope in Fetteh.  Out time here so far has been full of interesting adventures, including exploring the town and hiking to the highest habitable point in Ghana, killing spiders as big as my palm, tasting starfruit, riding in a small van with thirty kids to and from school, coming up with creative ways to eat rice and potatoes, and planning the demise of the rooster that wakes us up at 5:30 a.m. everyday. Next week we will be having a soccer match at the school (faculty vs. junior high), so hopefully I will be able to recall the skills I had in high school!

Thank you for all your prayers – God has been so good to us here.  I feel that I am learning more about Him everyday that I am here and how to be more fully led and guided by the Holy Spirit in all of my actions and words.  Learning to have complete reliance on Him is a wonderful adventure.  I hope to update you all again soon, hopefully with good news about the soccer match!

1. Pam Armstrong

Hey Michelle,
    So enjoying your posts! Glad you are being met by the Lord and feeling his Holy Spirit! Praying for you and your team. We miss you and look forward to seeing you soon. But those kids in Ghana are sure blessed to have you!
    love you bunches,
    Aunt Pam :^)

2. dengarlagu

Good Article

3. thanks a lot for this content

4. will james

hey

5. edward an

Internet access in these areas is not good and in case of emergency, you have to travel long distances to make contact with someone. This papersowl reviews area is underdeveloped and the government is doing some development like schools and other institutes. I think with this development soon this area become a worth living place and it is important for the welfare of next generation.

6. JamesFassett

Internet access in these areas is not good and in case of emergency, you have to travel long distances to make contact with someone. This papersowl reviews area is underdeveloped and the government Internet access in these areas is not good and in ca Thanks for article http://essaypapers.reviews/ se of emergency, you have to travel long distances to make contact with someone. This papersowl reviews area is underdeveloped and the government is doing some development like schools and other institutes. I think with this development soon this area become a worth living place and it is important for the welfare of next generation. is doing some development like schools and other institutes. I think with this development soon this area become a worth living place and it is important for the welfare of next generation.

7. Charles Pelley

thanks for that tips

8. 토토사이트추천

It’s great to hear that you’re doing well and enjoying your time in Africa, despite the limited internet access. Click here to visit 토토사이트추천 The Village of Hope’s other school location in Nkwatia sounds like a beautiful place, with its cooler and less humid weather. It’s always nice to experience new cultures and environments, and it sounds like you’re having a wonderful time. Thank you for sharing your updates and I hope you continue to have a great trip!

9. Tia Holden

Oh, you had a great experience in Africa!
    https://blogs.acu.edu/1120_BMIS44001/2011/06/21/nkwatia/

10. Machel James

In underdeveloped areas with poor internet access, communication and access to emergency services become significant challenges. The lack of reliable internet connectivity can hinder everyday activities, business operations, and educational opportunities. During emergencies, the absence of proper communication infrastructure exacerbates the situation, as residents must travel long distances to seek help or inform authorities. This not only poses risks to personal safety but also hampers community development and economic growth. It is crucial for governments and organizations to invest in improving internet infrastructure in these areas to bridge the digital divide and ensure that residents have equal access to essential services, information, and opportunities. Only through such initiatives can these underprivileged regions thrive and flourish.

11. Roselia Knight

Have you ever considered how simple installing YouTube Vanced might be in the future? If the answer is yes, you must be a true time traveler. With Vanced Manager for YouTube, installing APKs on Android devices is now simple regardless of whether the smartphone is rooted or not. Therefore, everyone can utilize this new project, even the most basic users.

After the official team released the.apks format since it necessitates a particular process, many folks in my immediate vicinity were really irritated. It is a somewhat difficult approach for non-technical consumers to achieve an ad-free YouTube experience on their Android smartphones without using any ad-blockers.

12. ermax

The opportunity to grow professionally is constant self-improvement. That’s why I use the Depositphotos blog and get invaluable knowledge and experience. For example, I recently expanded my knowledge of balance in the art, of evenly distributing elements in space so that no part of a design seems heavier or lighter than another.

13. THANKS

Thanks

14. SDEW

Great !!