God of This City – Day #1

10 Commentsby   |  07.02.11  |  The Bronx, New York

Hello, friends! I’m in NY! Wow. My journey into this foreign land has begun! I flew in to Laguardia airport yesterday evening, so I had a great shot of the city! Thankfully, my partner Lawson greeted me right as I picked up my luggage. The first thing I did was buy my monthly Metro card, and hopped on the bus, and then the subway, and then we walked home. Lawson told me he got himself home the first day — I do not know how I would have done that!

Today, we (the four interns) got up for prayer in the morning; we meet in a park and sit under a big, beautiful tree, and we pray for the day. Words sometimes get drowned out because of the subway above and all the traffic noise around us, but it is for this city that we prayed for.

Then Lawson and I went to a busy section of the Bronx and set up the prayer table. It’s just a station where people can come write down their prayers and if they seem interested, we talk about Christ Fellowship, the organization of network of house churches we are working with. The prayer table was by far the best event today. I love watching people come up to write down their prayers and pray over them as they write. We’ll get to do this thrice a week in different parts of the Bronx. Oh, and Lawson and I are planning to join the gym and let God work through us there. The song God of This City came to me during the prayer station time. If you don’t know the lyrics, look them up! I don’t know who sings it, but I feel like this song will be in my head a lot while in this city. Please keep praying for me and my partners while in NY! I will keep posting as the days go by! :)

1. Stephanie Frakes

Neems,
    I am so happy to hear that you arrived safely in NY. I nearly cried when I read about your experiences so far. I know our God is going to do amazing things through you and your partners. God of this City is such a perfect theme song for your journey. I will be praying fervently for you, and I can’t wait until we are together again and you can share all your amazing stories of how the Spirit moves and the miracles God accomplishes.

Wo ai ni (I love you),
    Stephanie

2. Jennifer

I am praying for you Neems! Thinking of you often. Hugs!!!

3. Najmodniejsze Kurtki

I do like the manner in which you have framed this specific concern and it does offer me personally some fodder for thought. Nevertheless, coming from what precisely I have seen, I simply just hope when other opinions pack on that people keep on point and in no way start upon a soap box of the news du jour. Still, thank you for this excellent piece and while I can not necessarily go along with the idea in totality, I respect the standpoint.

4. ps5 tamiri

Yeni Sony Ps5 tamiri ve Ps5 servisi hizmetleri. 1 Yıl garantili ve ücretsiz arıza tespiti ile ps5 tamiri hizmetlerinden faydalanın.

5. Indian Actor

Great Topic, Something new.

6. jonemartin

NOEMI PALOMARES share his own journey with us, he said he saw “God of the City”. I just read your post and I assumed that you saying right in this post.

Best Water Filtration System Installation and Repair in Florida

7. Evelynn

Balancing work and college can be tough, especially financially. Finding https://nocramming.com/essaypro-promo-code EssayPro promo code was a game changer for me. The discount code worked exactly as promised and cut down the cost of my research paper significantly. It’s comforting to know that there are reliable resources like NoCramming that help students save money.