Lima

Tags:

57 Commentsby   |  07.29.11  |  Uncategorized

I have really been enjoying my time here in Lima, and I have been slacking in the posting part of the summer. Well I have about 12 days left here and leaving will be sad and joyful at the same time. I have missed my friends in the states so much over the summer, and them asking me all the time when I was coming home did not make it any easier to be here. Having said that, I wouldn’t change this summer for the world. I have had a great time here and have learned a lot of things that I would never have learned in the U.S.
I think one of the biggest things I will take away from here is how to treat new people, or people new to the area. (Be that new to Abilene or Katy, or new to the United States.) I have been greeted with smiles by everyone here, and they have all been gracious to me, inviting me to go eat or see movies or to do a great number of different things.
There is though, one man who I have a tough time being around. I speak to him and he does not listen, I believe he thinks I cannot possibly know what he is trying to express because my Spanish is not as good as his. It is really frustrating when he tells me the same thing over and over after I tell him I understand. I explain it back to him and he says yes, then proceeds to tell me again, and usually it is over trivial stuff. (Something like that he has no spouse, or that he goes to a Pentecostal church.) I don’t say these things to rag on him, but to say that I know how it feels for people to assume you don’t know anything because you are new or foreign. I hope to never treat others poorly because they are not normally around me or don’t speak the same language as me.
I have been going to a Spanish school here for the past few weeks, 5 x’s a week, except this week was only for the first 3 days. The 28th of July is the Peruvian Independence Day, so there was no school Thursday, the 28th. I surely wasn’t complaining about that. It has been really interesting to live here, and observe/help the team that is here. There are Bible studies or times of Prayer just about every day here, and it’s been great to be involved in those, even with the language barrier.
Next week we will be traveling to Oxapampa to see a young man who I believe a year ago was baptized. His grandfather passed away a few months ago and he has not come back after the funeral, and has almost cut off all communication. The team is worried because he told them while in Lima that if he were to go back to Oxapampa that it would most likely lead to a poor life style, and him running with his old friends who didn’t appear to support the new life that he had chosen. I am excited to go and meet him, I’ve heard a lot about him, and I am also excited to see some other parts of Peru.
Sorry about the delay between posts, I’ll try and get another post or two in before I leave talking about some of the other stuff that we have done here.

57 Comments

1. olivia divas
    4:21 am, 05.15.24

Looking to excel in your coding assignments? Our Coding Assignment Help services offers expert guidance and support to help you tackle even the most challenging coding tasks with ease. With a team of experienced programmers and educators, we provide personalized coding assignment help tailored to your specific needs. Whether you’re struggling with algorithms, debugging, or project implementation, we’ve got you covered. Say goodbye to coding stress and hello to success with our comprehensive coding assignment assistance. Unlock your full potential and achieve top grades in your programming courses today!

2. Donysterling
    5:34 am, 05.20.24

At the forefront of Omega’s collection for men is the iconic Omega Constellation. Originally introduced in 1952, the Constellation has become synonymous with elegance and precision. Characterized by its distinctive “claws” and meticulously crafted dials, the Constellation is a timeless classic that exudes sophistication and refinement. Whether paired with a tailored suit or a casual ensemble, the Constellation is the epitome of understated luxury.

3. exploration
    5:35 am, 05.20.24

For those with a penchant for adventure, the Omega Seamaster is the ultimate companion. Designed for underwater exploration, the Seamaster is renowned for its robust construction, water resistance, and unparalleled performance. Whether diving into the depths of the ocean or navigating the urban jungle, the Seamaster is built to withstand the rigors of any environment while exuding a sense of rugged masculinity.

4. unrivaled
    5:37 am, 05.20.24

For those seeking the ultimate in performance and functionality, the Apple Watch Series 9 and Apple Watch Ultra offer unrivaled features and capabilities. From advanced health tracking to lightning-fast connectivity, these flagship models are designed to keep pace with the demands of modern life, ensuring that you’re always one step ahead.

5. Speedmaster
    5:42 am, 05.20.24

Last but certainly not least, we have the Omega Speedmaster Watches. Originally designed for men, the Speedmaster has transcended its gender-specific origins to become a beloved timepiece among women as well. With its bold design, precision chronograph functionality, and rich history, the Speedmaster is the perfect choice for women who appreciate both style and substance.

6. Tempat Printing
    9:09 am, 05.24.24

Sharing of information is excellent. Thanks for providing us with the opportunity to read this post; I’m glad I did. extremely nice This article is very helpful.
    Tempat Cetak Buku Jakarta Timur

7. OST File Recovery
    4:49 am, 05.29.24

Hi all, if you are looking for solution to recover your lost data from corrupt OST file then try TrijaTech OST Recovery tool. This is a smart tool that enables users to repair and restore OST data from any size of OST file. I have used this software to repair my data and got excellent result. You can also download its free demo version and check its functionality. It is safe and easy to use. By using this utility, you can get back your files in a very less time.