If you have not turned on Turnitin for an assignment, but would like to check one paper retrospectively, you can use the Turnitin’s “Quick Submit” function to check individual papers.
Here is how to set it up:
- Go to Turnitin.com (not in Canvas).
- Log in. If you have forgotten your password, use “forgot password” to retrieve or reset your password.
- Click on your name to display all user information.
- For the “activate quick submit” option under “account settings,” turn the option to “yes.”
- Scroll down and click on “submit” to save your change. You will then see a new tab called “Quick Submit” showing up.
6. Click on the “Quick Submit” tab.
8. Check all the options for searches, and for the dropdown menu for “submit paper to”, choose “no repository,” in case you need students to submit the paper to Turnitin again later.
9. Click on “submit.”
10. Submit the paper on behalf of a student by entering his/her name and attach the file from your computer or other locations, as shown below.