Experiential Learning Development Program
Proposals for funding are due Friday, January 17, 2020.
Departments are invited to apply for the new Experiential Learning Development Program, an award focused on implementing the university strategic plan through the integration of high-impact experiential learning practices into degree plans. Examples of such practices include study abroad, internships, undergraduate research, service learning, and mission trips.
The goal of the Experiential Learning Development Program is to encourage and support departments and programs as they move through this important process.
Departments who are chosen will:
- Be awarded $5000 for two faculty ($2500 each) to work on the project during the summer.
- Be required to participate in monthly meetings between February and November with the Director of Experiential Learning, the Executive Director of the Adams Center, and other ACCEL (ACU’s Center for Careers and Experiential Learning) staff.
- Attend any scheduled trainings.
During the course of the year, departments will have the opportunity to learn about available support, brainstorm with other faculty, access training on high-impact practices, develop curriculum proposals, and be mentored through the council process.
To apply, departments should submit a description of up to 300-words, which should include:
- Faculty who would work on the project and their experience with experiential learning
- An explanation of the high-impact practice(s) the department is most likely to integrate
- Any materials or resources needed
The awards will be chosen by the Vice Provost, Director of Experiential Learning, Executive Director of the Adams Center, and Chair of the Faculty Development Committee.
Applications are due Friday, January 17th, and departments will be notified by January 31st.
The first meeting of the Experiential Learning Development Program will be February 14th.
Get help developing your teaching strategy.
Need help with technology resources.
Funding & Support
Seeking help with funding or promotion?
Plan an Event
Contact us to reserve space for an event.
Brown Library Room #264
ACU Box 29201
Abilene, TX 79699-9201