Check out our book list.
Negotiation and Mediation
- Fisher, R. & Ury, W. (2011). Getting to yes: Negotiating agreement without giving in, 3rd Ed. New York: Penguin Group.
- Lewicki, R., Barry, B. & Saunders, D. (2011). Essentials of negotiation, 5th Ed. Boston: McGraw-Hill.
- Moore, C. (2003) The mediation process: Practical strategies for resolving conflict, 3rd Ed. San Francisco: Jossey-Bass.
Leadership and Workplace Conflict
- The Arbinger Institute (2010). Leadership and self-deception: Getting out of the box (2nd ed.). San Francisco: Berrett-Koehler Publishers.
- Kouzes, J. M. & Posner, B. Z. (2007). The leadership challenge (4th Edition). San Francisco: Jossey-Bass.
- Stone, D., Patton, B., & Heen, S. (2010). Difficult conversations: How to discuss what matters Most (2nd ed.). New York: Penguin Books.
- Sande, K. (2004). The peacemaker (3rd ed.). Grand Rapids, MI: Baker Books.
- Halverstadt, H. F. (1991). Managing church conflict. Louisville: Westminster/John Knox.
- Kotter, J. (1996). Leading change. Cambridge, MA: Harvard Business School Publishing,
- Lott, D. B. (2001). Conflict management in congregations. Bethesda, MD: The Alban Institute.
- Slaikeu, K. (1998). Controlling the costs of conflict. San Francisco: Jossey-Bass.
- Steinke, P. (1996). Healthy congregations. Bethesda, MD: The Alban Institute.
- Susek, R. (1999). Firestorm: Preventing and overcoming church conflicts. Grand Rapids: Baker Books.
*Recommended by Charles Siburt
- Richardson, D. (2005). Peace child: An unforgettable story of primitive jungle treachery in the 20th century (4th ed.). Ventura, CA: Regal Books.
- Steele, C. (2010). Whistling vivaldi: And other clues to how stereotypes affect us (Issues of Our Time). New York, NY: W.W. Norton & Company.