Office: 241 Mabee Business Building
Address: ACU Box 29304, Abilene, Texas 79699
John Homer, Ph.D., Director and Associate Professor of Computer Science
- Ph.D. (Computer Science) Kansas State University, 2009.
- M.S. (Computer Science) Kansas State University, 2006.
- B.S. (Computer Science) Harding University, 2002.
- “Do Enhanced Compiler Error Messages Help Students? Results Inconclusive.” Raymond Pettit, John Homer. 48th ACM Technical Symposium on Computer Science Education (SIGCSE), March 2017.
- “Risk Analysis with Execution-Based Model Generation” Jaime Acosta, Edgar Padilla, John Homer. Journal of Cyber Security and Information Systems, volume 5, issue 1, December 2016.
- “Augmenting Attack Graphs to Represent Data Link and Network Layer Vulnerabilities” Jaime Acosta, Edgar Padilla, John Homer. 2016 IEEE Military Communications Conference, November 2016.
- “Are Automated Assessment Tools Helpful in Programming Courses?” Raymond Pettit, John Homer, Kayla Holcomb, Nevan Simone, Susan Mengel. 2015 ASEE Conference, June 2015.
- “An Empirical Study of Iterative Improvement in Programming Assignments” Raymond Pettit, John Homer, Roger Gee, Susan Mengel, Adam Starbuck. 46th ACM Technical Symposium on Computer Science Education (SIGCSE), February 2015.
- “Aggregating Vulnerability Metrics in Enterprise Networks using Attack Graphs” John Homer, Su Zhang, Xinming Ou, David Schmidt, Yanhui Du, Raj Rajagopalan, Anoop Singhal. Journal of Computer Security, volume 21, issue 4, July 2013.
- “An Empirical Study of a Vulnerability Metric Aggregation Method” Su Zhang, Xinming Ou, Anoop Singhal, John Homer. International Conference on Security and Management (SAM), July 2011.
- “Effective Network Vulnerability Assessment through Model Abstraction” Su Zhang, Xinming Ou, John Homer. Detection of Intrusions and Malware & Vulnerability Assessment (DIMVA), July 2011.
- “SAT-Solving Approaches to Context-Aware Enterprise Network Security Management” John Homer, Xinming Ou. IEEE Journal on Selected Areas in Communications (JSAC), volume 27, issue 3, September 2009.
- “A Sound and Practical Approach to Quantifying Security Risk in Enterprise Networks” John Homer, Xinming Ou and David Schmidt. Technical report. Kansas State University. August 2009.
- “Improving Attack Graph Visualization through Data Reduction and Attack Grouping” John Homer, Ashok Varikuti, Xinming Ou, and Miles McQueen. 5th International Workshop on Visualization for Cyber Security (VizSec), October 2008.
- “From Attack Graphs to Automated Configuration Management – An Iterative Approach” John Homer, Xinming Ou and Miles McQueen. Technical Report. Kansas State University. January 2008.