Dr. Brokaw as New A&E Chair

0 Commentsby   |  09.07.11  |  Uncategorized

Beginning his 36th year as an ACU professor, Dr. Ed Brokaw bears a new title. Announced at the end of last semester, he is not only a Professor of Animal Science, but also the A&E Department Chair.

His goals as Chair are to get organized, build on the current progress and continue to enhance the curriculum.

“We want to offer the best training possible for our graduates,” said Dr. Brokaw. “Some of my first goals are to improve class sizes and reduce conflicts.”

Former Chair, Dr. Foy Mills is beginning his 23rd year at ACU. He was named Chair in 2001. Ten years later, he is now enjoying his role as Professor of Agribusiness.

“Moving back to a full-time, senior faculty position will allow me to reengage with students as a teacher and advisor in a way I have not had the flexibility to do for some time,” said Dr. Mills.

“It was great to have time to really think about and to plan my classes before the semester began without administrative responsibilities competing for the time,” continues Dr. Mills. “I am thankful that Dr. Brokaw was willing to return as department chair to lead A&E.”

Another important matter of business for the department is finding ways to fill in for Dr. Mhlanga who left to take a position at Lipscomb.

“I am looking forward to the challenges,” said Dr. Brokaw. “It’s important to me to recruit students and get our story out.”