Meet: Elizabeth Sanchez

0 Commentsby   |  02.03.12  |  Biography

My name is Elizabeth Sanchez and  I am a junior at Abilene Christian University, double-majoring in English (with teacher certification) and general music. I have been a member of the A Cappella chorus and have competed in the National Association of Teachers Singing for all three years of my college career.

I worked in the President’s office for two years, and I am currently working in the Adams Center at the university.

As my primary extracurricular activity, I am a member of the Alpha Kai Omega women’s social club.

I am currently a member of Southern Hills Church of Christ, and I regularly sing with the praise team for Sunday morning services. I co-directed a children’s choir for Southern Hills at the Leadership Training for Christ conference in Dallas during the spring semester of my sophomore year and I will be participating in the conference again April 2012.

After I graduate with my bachelor’s degree, I plan to continue my education by pursuing a master’s degree in English Literature. Ultimately, I want to teach English at the high school level, but once I’ve gained several years of experience I’d like to teach at the university level. I intend to use my music degree to teach private voice lessons, and I have yet to decide if I would like to pursue a certification in music.

I would like to thank my family for their unwavering support and faith in me. I love you all so much and would never have be able to make it this far without your encouragement and belief in me.