Theology of Ministry

1 Commentby

Below you’ll find my theology of ministry paper, prepared in the spring of 2013 for my senior review and the Theological Reflection in Practice class, which I believe exhibits growing competency in outcomes 4abc, 6abcef, 8abd, and 10abc. The following is a short abstract of the paper’s content:

Differing ecclesiological commitments in the house church and legacy church settings result in differing expectations for and roles in ministry. My own theology situates me in the house church context, with the following beliefs. Ministry is the calling of all believers, both as believers relate to one another and as they pursue their individual vocations (which for some is a calling to serve the church). Among other things, healthy ministers have healthy relationships with God, self, and others (in that priority order). They are like participant-observers. They engage in three main roles: theological guide, moral exemplar, and pastoral caregiver. They are like organic gardeners.

Theology of Ministry

Theology of Ministry

1 Comment

1. […] for my Senior Review. Namely, I’m referring to the Wittenberg, 1934 case brief and my theology of ministry […]