Looking to Hire a Wildcat?
Thank you for recruiting at ACU! The ACU Career Center serves as a liaison between you, our valued employer, and our students. We are committed to providing you with the employment services necessary to meet your organization’s needs.
Virtual Recruiting Options
Ever considered virtual short-term projects or micro-internships?
Short-term, paid, professional assignments that students complete on behalf of companies. Typically 5-40 hours in total.
You can gain immediate support while assessing a student’s performance on a short-term basis.
Elements of a Successful Internship
Access to Contacts and Networks
Interns appreciate opportunities to meet a wide variety of professionals within your organization, attend professional meetings with their supervisor, and referrals to contacts in other organizations.
Recognition and Appreciation
When students begin their internship, introduce them to the staff, include them in social activities when appropriate, and most of all give them consistent feedback.
The Right Tools
Amenities such as a designated work area, office supplies, the use of a computer and phone, and a company email account should be available to the intern if appropriate.
Excellent supervision includes a regular meetings to allow the intern time to ask questions, discuss the internship, learn new skills, etc.
Microinternships are paid short-term projects or “gig” work
- Provides immediate value to organizations to get work done
- Provides earlier access to students by working together on short term projects
- Microinternships require approximately five to 40 hours of work per project
Internships & New Hires During COVID-19
Ideas for Restructuring Your Internships
- Convert the on-site internship to fully remote if this is feasible for your organization and your interns’ role.
- Defer the start date to later in the summer.
- Offer remote work for some period of time at the start, say the first 1/2 of the internship, and then have interns start work at your physical location(s) later.
Interested in creating visibility for your organization? Get
connected with the
ACU Career Center.
Searching for great candidates for your jobs or internships?
Connect with us!
Still Need Help?
We are here to help! If you have any questions or need assistance in the recruiting process,
contact us at email@example.com.
Brown Library Room 261