While many of our classes are geared towards individual development of a skills set, we are aware that most things in life require collaboration across different fields. This fall was our first semester to introduce the freshman level core class. Combined with our university core class, our new freshman level core class was designed to allow incoming freshman to get a glimpse of what each major at the School of IT & Computing (SITC) offers, enabling them to continue in their degree, if their skills align, or to change majors within the SITC to a major that is more adequate. Taught by Dr. Brent Reeves and Dr. Rob Byrd, the SITC freshman have been exposed to the differences between each major. Professionals in each field came to campus regularly to talk about their experiences in their line of work, hoping to inspire freshman to pursue an education in the technology area of their choice.
Hear more about sitc!
- Student Spotlight: SK Hall November 25, 2019
- Alumni Spotlight on Morgan Davis (’11) November 4, 2019
- Student Spotlight: Andrea Perez October 28, 2019
- Students Inspired by Industry Giants Conference October 14, 2019
- DET Program Earns Membership of the Unity Academic Alliance September 30, 2019