Interview Summary

0 Commentsby   |  04.07.11  |  Interview Summaries (P4)

My interviews brought about a bunch of information that helped to enhance my project while also giving me something that I need to think about. It was a 50/50 split of people who said they’d use an app that was a guide to churches in Abilene- and that was among people who are “active app seekers.” Its amazing how many people truly use their iphones or itouches simply for necessary purposes (ie mail, texting, music, social networking) and don’t go beyond that. Part of this may also be because the students are all established at churches in Abilene- as a NEW freshman in college, I think this would be different, due to unfamiliarity. It only takes a semester to get a basic grasp on churches here, but at first it is very overwhelming and I think students forget that first feeling of uncertainty.

In order to further develop the idea (which I’m still pursuing with a slightly different target market of primary incoming freshman) I asked current students what they most look for in a church and will use those findings as filters within the app. Several of them were the same across the board- the top being community involvement, preaching style, and opportunities for involvement. I will use the most-repeated answers to create the aforementioned filter.

I am continuing to contact people for information, this time seeking as many younger students as possible, hoping that this new information will enlighten me as to weather or not I should actually pursue this as a viable option. More to come later…