Live from a Bronx McDonalds

835 Commentsby   |  07.23.11  |  The Bronx, New York

I am currently in a Bronx McDonalds with a kids drink so that I’m allowed to stay here.

The temperature here has been in the high 90s and 100s the past couple of days, we have no A/C and the city is like a concrete oven. I heard today that 23 people have died in the city over the past few days from this heat and as horribly sad as that is, I have no trouble believing it.

The A/C in this McDonalds is heavenly, my drink is refreshing, and all this with free wifi makes me feel like a king. Compared to the rest of the world – to many of my brothers and sisters posting from other places all over the world – thats not much if any of an exaggeration.

What an amazing experience this continues to be. Noemi arrived a while back and we’ve been attached at the hip since. I am so blessed to have her as a partner and as another full-time intern with the same schedule as me.

We’ve bumped up the prayer station count to 4 and even 5 times a week. They’ve become the mainstay of our outreach and I couldn’t love it more. We are an unconditional presence in the city that doesn’t yell hell-mongering, but rather offers prayer to those only comfortable to write it down, prayer on the spot to those who are comfortable with that, and the offer of Bible study and organic church to anyone feeling especially called in their searching for God. They are such great constants in my week.

Noemi and I have updated all of our fliers to complete spanish and have some tables that are purely spanish. One such table resulted in our first bible study where the person didn’t cancel last-minute (which is apparently really common in this city). Though the study discussion was lead by Noemi and Carol, I was as encouraged as if I had been there with them to hear how well it went and continue to pray for that relationship to be fruitful.

We have also joined a gym, hoping to increase our presence in the community and live in holistic health. The times there have been great for reflection during long runs on the treadmill and in looking for people who we can recognize as the days go by and potentially begin casual relationship with. We want to be in interaction with the people of the Bronx in as many ways as possible, and going to be around a college age group puts us around peers in an unintimidating setting that we are praying the Lord will use for the furthering of His kingdom in any mysterious way He sees fit.

My conversation clubs at Columbia University have changed in form a bit. Where I had been teaching two classes a week – one based off of worksheets & converational exercises and one based off of Bible study – with a partner from a sister organization here in the city, I am now only going to the Bible study and my partner’s time here has expired. My first solo study is this Thursday and I am very anxious to see how it plays out. The people there have genuinely become my friends and many are from Asiatic cultures without any exposure to Biblical text or the Christian message. It is truly unique and wonderful to watch someone learn about the gospel for the very first time with curiosity and interest in learning more. While some are compelled by what looks like a new truth and others are only reading it as an interesting literary means to expanding their English vocabulary, the time there is always a highlight of my week.

Honestly, most days of my week are highlights of my week.

We are praying every morning and continuing to see the answers to those prayers with much more dynamic timing than that which my often impatient heart wants.

Turning 23 this past Monday especially challenged me to continue to grow in discipline and patience, rather than years alone. I am so glad for the work God is doing in me and through me and my partners here.

Thank you for your continued prayers. They are felt every day.

1. Akash Rafiq

For the most exquisite engagement rings in the UAE. Their stunning designs and unmatched craftsmanship ensure you’ll find the perfect symbol of love.

2. Reacher

Trezor Bridge est un logiciel permettant aux utilisateurs de connecter leur portefeuille Trezor à leur ordinateur. Il offre une interface sécurisée pour gérer les actifs cryptographiques et effectuer des transactions en toute tranquillité.

3. CakesNcakesshop

4. rosesaira

Ledger Wallet problme la fois pour les utilisateurs mobiles et de bureau, qui taient souvent incapables d’accder en toute aux DApps populaires en raison d’un manque de compatibilit ou d’extensions de navigateur cifiques, ou taient limits aux applications prenant en charge nativement Ledger.

5. Daily Horoscope

What’s in the stars today? Select your sign for a daily horoscope reading.

Free daily horoscopes and astrology, love matches, love meter, couple’s relationship forecast, and free romantic compatibility readings.

Daily Horoscope

6. rosesaira

Ledger Wallet vos crypto-monnaies et vos NFT avec le portefeuille

7. NovelasFlix

you provided me the correct information I really bookmark it,for further reading,So thanks for sharing the information.
    Novelasflix apk

8. NovelasTV

I have been checking your blog site for any even though now, would seem like everyday I study some thing new Thanks
    Novelas Tv hd

9. sassa status check

Nice knowledge gaining article. This post is really the best on this valuable topic.
    SRD sassa status check

10. adn

متجر اشتراكات , مشاهدات حية وحصرية لجميع البرامج التلفزيوينة , مسلسلات , افلام , رياضة
    Muthalath

11. oliviaa

MetaMask provides the tools you need to navigate the decentralized landscape with confidence. With robust security features and full control over your private keys, MetaMask ensures that your funds remain safe at all times. Download the MetaMask app today and join millions of users worldwide in embracing the future of finance.
    Metamask app |

12. Getcontact numbers

Thanks for sharing the article. it is informative. if you are intersected in Manga33 read the full blog on our website.

13. jhon

Trezor Wallet is a hardware solution crafted for offline storage and management of cryptocurrencies. With its strong security measures and user-friendly design, it offers a safe and straightforward method for users to access and oversee their digital assets.

14. jhon

Trezor Bridge is a vital software component facilitating secure communication between the Trezor hardware wallet and a computer or mobile device. It guarantees uninterrupted access to the Trezor Wallet interface, streamlining cryptocurrency management with ease.

15. jack

Digital assets, such as cryptocurrency, and non-traditional assets, such as precious metals, gold, and silver, are the focus of iTrustCapital’s IRA accounts. The company’s web interface is user- iTrustCapital Login is an innovative online platform that facilitates investment in digital assets within tax-advantaged retirement accounts such as Individual Retirement Accounts …

16. jack

Digital assets, such as cryptocurrency, and non-traditional assets, such as precious metals, gold, and silver, are the focus of iTrustCapital’s IRA accounts. The company’s web interface is user- iTrustCapital Login is an innovative online platform that facilitates investment in digital assets within tax-advantaged

17. jasan ronn

The MetaMask extension is a widely used tool for accessing decentralized applications (dApps) and managing Ethereum-based cryptocurrencies directly from your web browser. As a browser extension, MetaMask integrates seamlessly into popular browsers like Chrome, Firefox, and Brave, providing users with a convenient way to interact with the Ethereum blockchain without the need for separate software or applications.

18. ChennaiBeauties

Very interesting blog you have shared . Thanks for post
    https://www.chennaibeauties.com/

19. ella

Secure your crypto assets with Trezor.io/start. Our easy-to-use hardware wallet keeps your digital currencies safe and always accessible. Get started now!

20. وان ایکس برو با ارائه بهترین پلتفرم پیش بینی فوتبال و ورزشی به علاوه بازی های کازینویی مورد علاقه ایرانیان روز به روز در حال پیشرفت بوده و به زودی بین المللی خواهد شد.
    1x boro bet

21. سایت بت 303 از سال 2003 در عرصه بازی های آنلاین شرط بندی آغاز به کار کرده و با گذشت بیش از دو دهه این سایت به یک مقصد برجسته برای علاقه مندان به بازی های پیش بینی های ورزشی و کازینویی تبدیل شده است.محیط جذاب و دوستانه بت 303، با هدایای جذاب، تجربه‌ی بی‌نظیری را برای شما به ارمغان می‌آورد. با ثبت نام سریع و آسان در این سایت، شما نیز به سادگی می‌توانید از تمامی امکانات و خدمات منحصر به فرد آن بهره‌مند شوید.

آموزش ثبت نام در بت 303

22. سایت مل بت از بهترین سایت ها در صنعت شرط بندی می باشد. این سایت عملکرد های شگفت انگیز و درخشانی را در شرط بندی کنید. برای کسب اطلاعات بیشتر به لینک زیر کلیک کنید

melbet فارسی

23. ثبت نام 1xboro

ثبت نام وان ایکس برو بسیار راحت است! شما می توانید به بهترین سایت شرط بندی ایرانی 1xboro با داشتن فقط یک شماره تلفن و ایمیل ثبت نام کنید.
    ثبت نام در وان ایکس برو

24. آموزش پاسور بازی

می دانیم که دنیای شرط ‌بندی و بازی ‌های آنلاین کازینویی پر از گزینه ‌های مختلف و جذاب برای انجام است، اما سایت های شرط بندی بازی پاسور بت یک، وان ایکس یک، وان ایکس برو و 303 بت، یک نگاه جدید، جذاب و نو آورانه به این عرصه یعنی بازی جذاب پاسور معرفی کرده اند. سایت های شرط بندی نام برده، با ارائه خدماتی کاربر پسند و متنوع در بازی‌ شرط بندی پاسور، علاقه مندان به این بازی محبوب را به سمت و سوی خود، جذب کرده اند.
    بازی پاسور دو نفره

25. وان ایکس یک بت

اگر شما یک هوادار ورزشی یا حتی یک حرفه‌ای در دنیای بازی‌ های آنلاین کازینویی هستید، وان ایکس به شما مقصدی بی‌نظیر می باشد. این سایت ایرانی با ابعاد جهانی، خدمات منحصر به فرد و جوایز فوق‌العاده برای کاربرانش فراهم کرده است.
    آیا شما آماده‌اید به این تجربه فوق‌العاده بپیوندید؟ با ثبت‌نام ساده و سریع، جهان هیجان و سرگرمی با وان ایکس منتظر شماست!
    وان ایکس یک

26. Cessar Roy

It is crucial to delve into details about air conditioner brands to avoid, ensuring a safeguard against potential issues. This knowledge empowers consumers to make informed choices, protecting them from unnecessary expenses and inconveniences. Understanding the track records and customer feedback of these brands promotes enduring affordability, security, and tranquility in HVAC investments.