Do you think this course in important?

4 Commentsby   |  05.02.11  |  The Schools of Psychology (Part IV)

I was actually saving this class till I was an upperclassman because I was scared about the difficulty of the course. But now looking back over the semester, I think I have learned more about how to be an effective asset in counseling more than any other. By learning about all the different schools and techniques It has taught me that there is no right way to counsel people. All of these great theorists have developed very effective techniques in helping people. In the beginning of the semester when Dr. McAnulty asked me if I thought that studying these theorists was important. I had no idea how important it was actually going to be. I feel much more educated in my field and have realized that studying these psychologists will make me a better counselor in the long run.

1. McKenzie Goad

That’s so neat that you feel like you’ve learned a new perspective this semester. I think you make a good point that all of the theorists do have some merit to them, and maybe the best theory to use in counseling is a mix of all of them.

2. Terry Osborne

Yeah! I was worried about this class because of the writting intensive part! But it was good course!

3. Myriah Miller

I wish I had taken this class a little bit earlier because I think it would have been useful during intro to counseling. I think it would have really completed the picture and I would have understood at a better level.

4. Lacy Hanson

I agree with you here! This course is important because if we didn’t know where all our theories and schools came from, how would we know how to use them? I’m glad that we do have this course and I do feel a little more educated about where different ideas in psychology came from and how to better explain them myself.