Viktor Frankl

0 Commentsby   |  12.02.13  |  Second Blog Post

Of everyone we’ve covered through out this class I think I agree most with Frankl. He leaves so many things open to the individual while still allowing room for humanity as a whole. In classifying his theories I chose to categorize Frankl under the restoration. His high view of Free Will coupled with his beliefs concerning Destiny are so thought provoking to me. I love the idea that while we have an ultimate destiny that is our task alone, it is our free will that allows us to choose how we handle our destiny. I think this agrees greatly with our Christian beliefs that God has a path he has set before us, but it is up to us to act according to his will.

I also really like what Frankl has to say about Good and Evil. I think the idea that the rift between the two is present in all humans agrees with scripture as we are fighting a constant battle of the flesh. I think this also goes great with his ideas regarding Self-transcendence. I totally agree with him that we can’t have self actualization without looking outside of ourselves. If you only look within you will always have a torn world caused by the presence of good and evil, but if you look outside of your tiny world and see the whole picture you can find yourself in Christ.

Happiness-Facebook-Status-19146