Blog Reflection

0 Commentsby   |  03.25.11  |  Reflection (P3)

Starting off with my strengths I think i have come pretty far in my treatment of heiarchy. I think that a user can easier determine what is more important in terms of information by quickly looking at the page. The use of different colors, weights. and even different fonts is coming more naturally to me. Another strength i think I have in interactive design is an overall clean feeling that when someone experiences they won’t mind poking around the site for awhile. Personally if a site is too busy a lot of times I will just leave and seek the information elsewhere.

As far as weaknesses I think the main thing I need to focus on is basic functionality. For example small things I might leave out of my designs that I take for granted that are easy to find and use on other people’s websites. This is troubling because we have focused in class about how to design from a user’s (future user that isn’t you) standpoint. It is so easy to just work from myself instead of focusing on what will be most important for the end user. I seem to just get excited about aspects of the site I enjoy designing and give less thought to things that might be more important than they seem to me at the time. This leads to errors like forgetting simple things like page progression at the bottom of a page, which adds needed functionality but also can dramatically change the look and feel of a blog, especially with a footer added as well because the bottom of a page as a whole is a big aspect that I overlooked.

From previous assignments I’m not sure if I have improved on anything or done anything worse. The varying content of the different projects makes me focus on such different things. One this that I am optimistic about is I feel like I have good range to design different types of sites. All of my designs have been so different and I enjoy this variety and I think it reflects well on me in my portfolio.