Reflection

0 Commentsby   |  03.25.11  |  Reflection (P3)

This project was really fun, but also hard to do since it was so personal. I enjoyed the “blog” aspects of design compared to an actual site. It was hard at first, however, to remember all of the little things that go along with a blog theme that you have to design. As far as technical mistakes and weaknesses, I still feel pretty confident in my Photoshop skills. The first design always takes FOREVER getting it perfect and how I want it, but after that design is complete I can usually blow right through the other two page templates. As far as conceptual mistakes and weaknesses, I realized sometimes that I don’t think of some small things that might be a problem. For example, since I have been the one designing a site, everything makes complete since to me. However, then someone will suggest something to clarify what is going on on-screen. (like a rollover or highlighting what is being rolled over, etc.). I still struggle a little with sticking with the grid. I think I have improved on pushing the norm when it comes to rollovers. I feel like with each design, my sites become a little more interactive. I really enjoyed the freedom that this assignment brought. I also think that with each project, I become faster at designing because I can now see the similarities that all sites have regarding menu, navigation, etc. I still would like to learn more about what happens after the designing… for example, I am not sure if I am actually leaving out crucial parts of a design because I’m not exactly sure what to do after designing. I really look forward to the next project and continuing to grow in webdesign.