The Aging Studies Minor consists of 18 hours with 9 hours from the Aging Studies Core and 9 hours of electives.
Aging Studies Core:
- GERO/SOCI 350 – Sociology of Aging
- GERO 352 – Adult Development and Aging
- GERO 495 – Practicum in Gerontology (summer internship)
- BIOL 448 – Biology of Aging
- COMM 460 – Health Communication
- CSD/GERO 479 – Programs & Services for Older adults
- FAM 443 – Death and Bereavement
- FAM 454 – Aging and the Family
- GERO 437 – Ministry with Older Adults
- KINE 475 – Physical Activity, Disease, and Aging
- NURS 320 – Evidence-Based Gerontologic Nursing
- SOCI 415 – Social Research (if project in aging)
- SOCW/GERO 441 – Social Welfare Policy and Services
Contact Your Academic Advisor today!
To declare a minor in Aging Studies today, simply contact your academic advisor. They will help you schedule the courses you need to take.
Still Have Questions?
PGC Director Dr. Macaluso would be happy to meet with you! Sign up for an appointment during her regular office hours: