The Beauty of Change: Darwin and Creation

2 Commentsby   |  10.18.13  |  Second Blog Post

Darwin was an amazing scientist who began to see the world in a way that was unconventional during his time.  He theorized that every species on the planet began to develop into something more complex and environmentally sturdy.  He called this theory evolution.  This is why I relate Darwin with Creation.  Although I believe that in certain areas Darwin’s views were taken to an extreme, I do understand and agree with the fact that every species on earth must evolve to survive, even human beings.  I see in this theory that when God created man, he gave us an underlying skill set in our genes that would allow us to grow and ultimately survive throughout the ages.  Many people see evolution as contradictory to Christianity; however, I encourage those who feel that way to see Darwin’s theory in a different light.  God loved us so much, that although we were unworthy of survival, God equipped us with the genetics necessary to continue on and become prosperous.  Everything in God’s kingdom was created to evolve and produce a world that is beautiful and ever changing.  As people we love to discover new things and search the world for new beauties, and I believe that to delight us, God created the world to change.  Therefore, I relate Darwin very strongly to creation.

beauty-nature-here-free-free

1. Nicole Nelson

Hi Savannah,

First off LOVE the picture you chose. It is absolutely beautiful! I think it is very interesting that you took some one who most people would consider to be so far away from any biblical beliefs and you related him to God. I really like your take on it. I like how you talk about God equipping us specifically with the different types of genes we would need in order for evolution processes to come about. I like how you relate God to every aspect that many scientists exclude him from. Very interesting post with a lot of great ideas.

2. Kami Earle

Hey, similar-minded roommate! I love your post. Partially because we talked about the same thing, yes. But also because you expounded upon the idea that Darwin’s theories of evolution, while typically used by people in an attempt to discredit Creation, can also be turned around and used to support it. Keep up the good work!