Anne-Marie Reflection

0 Commentsby   |  03.02.17  |  Anne-marie Coffee/Dialexa Reflection

I am really happy that she talked more about the workplace more than she did about design itself. I knew that her experiences working in a collaborative space would overlap with the experiences I am hoping to have, especially since she was a recent graduate. I was also glad to hear about her experiences as a woman in the workplace as well. I want to be able to acknowledge the position that women are put into so that I can look out for ways that they can be on the same ground as a male co-worker. On occasion, I do wonder if my ethnicity will affect my employment, but I don’t think that is likely. A handful of artists who I follow on tumblr are non-caucasian and it gives me joy that studios look only at the attitude and talent of artists rather than their heritage.
I hope that we are able to have more speakers who are recent graduates in the working field. This day and age, it can be a rare find, but if the students who are graduating from ACU share her experience, it will be enriching to the entire art department.