Medina Children’s Home Trip

0 Commentsby   |  12.03.10  |  Uncategorized

A&E’s annual trip to Medina Children’s Home was bigger this year than ever before.  Twenty-three students participated.  Their responsibilities this year consisted of clearing land, mowing, and moving in a new family.   A&E students and sponsors also cooked dinner Saturday evening for the entire campus as they do every year.

“This was my third time to go on the trip and it gets better every year,” said Tiffany Lutz, junior animal science major from Zelienople, Pa.  “I decided to go this year because it’s always a fun trip.  I enjoy it because of the connections I make with my fellow students that I wouldn’t normally make in a classroom.”

Through this service opportunity, students are able to learn valuable techniques and new ideas for agricultural missions.

“I chose to go on this trip in order to learn agriculturally based techniques applicable to hands-on work needed,” said Anable Reid, freshman environmental sciences major from Becton, Texas.  “In addition to learning these things, I learned practicality regarding agricultural missions.”

The Medina trip is an opportunity that many students look forward to every year.  It is an important experience as students participate in A&E’s mission to educate students for Christian stewardship of sustainable agricultural and environmental systems throughout the world.

“I recommend others go next year because you can do a lot of good work for the people there that would take them weeks to do,” said Melinda Brown, sophomore environmental sciences major from San Antonio, Texas.  “Also, you really get to know the people in the department better when you spend a weekend together working and playing.”

For more information about the trip or how to sign up for the 2011 trip, email Emmett Miller at millere@acu.edu.