The holidays can be a fun time of year for everyone. Seniors can participate in many activities in their local communities and even in the comfort of their home.
Here are a few holiday ideas to participate in the community:
- Go and see the city or town’s Christmas tree and parade.
- Walk or drive around neighborhoods with Christmas lights and decorations.
- Go to the theater and see a Christmas movie.
- Invite friends to go to a coffee shop and visit.
- Visit the mall to look at all of the Christmas decorations. Shop for your friends and family while you are there.
- Visit a nursing home and take the residents a Christmas gift. They will enjoy your presence and generosity.
Holiday ideas for staying in:
- Make a Christmas wreath to put on your front door or to give to someone.
- Decorate a gingerbread house with your friends or grandchildren.
- Invite your friends or family to watch a Christmas movie.
- Host a Christmas party.
- Listen to holiday music on your TV, radio, computer, or phone.
- Decorate your house in Christmas decorations.
- Pick out Christmas cards to send to friends and family.
- Bake Christmas cookies.