Before the appointment:
- Ask your loved one for permission if they would be comfortable with you going to the doctor with them.
- Help prepare a list of questions or concerns to ask the doctor.
- List any recent changes in your health to give the doctor an updated health status.
During the appointment:
- Introduce yourself to the doctor and explain why you are at the appointment.
- Write down any instructions or suggestions the doctor gives the patient.
- Ask for clarification from the doctor, if necessary.
After the appointment:
- Call the doctor’s office for any follow up questions or concerns.
- Ask the person if they would like new prescriptions to be picked up at the pharmacy.
- Remind your loved one when follow up appointments are scheduled.